Biocube 32 Light schedule

Manojkumar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.. I am setting up my new Biocube 32.. I just added the water and nitrogen cycle is yet to start..
Can anyone please advice me the light schedule..

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the lights off while cycling. Otherwise you'll promote unnecessary algae at this point. As for a schedule, I would have all of the channels on for 6-8 hours a day (at least 6), and then whatever you like for the rest (off at night). I like the non white channels on early afternoon and late evening.

OP
OP
M

Manojkumar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the lights off while cycling. Otherwise you'll promote unnecessary algae at this point. As for a schedule, I would have all of the channels on for 6-8 hours a day (at least 6), and then whatever you like for the rest (off at night). I like the non white channels on early afternoon and late evening.
Thank you for your response.
Should I have the Heater and Return pump ON while cycling ?
For filters I planned as Filter floss on top, Purigen in middle and ChemiPure Blue at the bottom (These will be added after the cycling).
Can I add CerMedia MarinePure Sphere Bio-Filter Media while its cycling ? Please correct me if I am doing wrong.

AutumnReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your response.
Should I have the Heater and Return pump ON while cycling ?
For filters I planned as Filter floss on top, Purigen in middle and ChemiPure Blue at the bottom (These will be added after the cycling).
Can I add CerMedia MarinePure Sphere Bio-Filter Media while its cycling ? Please correct me if I am doing wrong.

Yes have the heater and return pump on BUT have the filter pad out (the bacteria likes to hang onto surfaces and best to have them start on something tha you won't toss out). Chemipure blue has purigen in it. I would put a dr tims waste away gel in there somewhere too. The purigen bag wont hurt.

Add the marine pure when cycling.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back