Biocube 32 possible clownfish issue?

AngryMike2016

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2018
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,651
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers. One of my tanks is a Biocube 32. For fish, it presently only has two snowflake clowns.

For several months, I also had a tailspot blenny, and a red firefish in there. Then one day I came down in the morning and sadly found the firefish dead. Next morning I found the tailspot also dead.

Last month, I tried another firefish in the tank, and he was fine for about a week, then dead
1f641.png
:(

I am thinking that maybe the clowns are beating up their tank mates? I never saw them chase or harass other fish, but I have seen them chase the cleaner shrimp away from them, and I would think that if there was a disease/virus/bactera in the tank that it would affect the clowns as well.

I'd really like to have more fish in that tank, but don't want to just add more without figuring out what is going on.

Thoughts/input/suggestions?
 
It is possible that they’re killing them off
 
Anything I can do about that, or am I SOL?
 
You can try an acclimation box to help with aggression
 
Thanks.

Bump for more input.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new