Biocube 32 Pump Died: Will fish be okay until I get another? Other questions…

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biocube 32 pump died today and I have a few questions. I have 2 Nero powerheads working perfectly fine. But….

• How long will the fish be okay until I get another pump?
  • What’s the best pump replacement that will fit in the biocube 32 chamber?
  • Is replacing the pump in the biocube difficult?

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some kind of water circulation between the filtration and heater is absolutely essential to life support. id go pickup some cheap pump from petco/petsmart for now while the replacement pump is on order.

usually replacing those pumps is fairly simple, just pulling the tubing off the bulkhead and the pump is usually attached at bottom.

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super easy to do.

I replaced my stock one with a MightyJet 326 which fits easily and will give you more control including a feed mode which is super nice. Installation is just slip the line off the old one and onto the new one. Done in 5 minutes tops.

You need it unless you’re heater is in the display. Goto big box store and get a cheap pump now and keep it as your spare for future emergencies. You could also ask your local reef community on Facebook or wherever if someone has one you can borrow. People will help you out.

Townsaquaria

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced my biocube return pump with the smallest jebao pump I could find on Amazon. It turned out to be the most reliable and long lasting pump I've ever had. 4 years in and it runs like new. It may not have app control but its completely silent and has a physical controller to control speed and turn on feed mode. I just wish I could get the strainer to fit so snails and hermits stop trying to crawl inside. But it was a very easy replacement.

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super easy to do.

I replaced my stock one with a MightyJet 326 which fits easily and will give you more control including a feed mode which is super nice. Installation is just slip the line off the old one and onto the new one. Done in 5 minutes tops.

You need it unless you’re heater is in the display. Goto big box store and get a cheap pump now and keep it as your spare for future emergencies. You could also ask your local reef community on Facebook or wherever if someone has one you can borrow. People will help you out.
Does the tube that fits the factory Biocube pump fit the mighty jet or did you have to find some sort of tubing or connector to make them fit?

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced my biocube return pump with the smallest jebao pump I could find on Amazon. It turned out to be the most reliable and long lasting pump I've ever had. 4 years in and it runs like new. It may not have app control but its completely silent and has a physical controller to control speed and turn on feed mode. I just wish I could get the strainer to fit so snails and hermits stop trying to crawl inside. But it was a very easy replacement.
I’ll check it out. What’s the model you have?

Last edited:

tanked4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mighty jet as well. It is a great return pump, and it was an easy install.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biocube 32 pump died today and I have a few questions. I have 2 Nero powerheads working perfectly fine. But….

• How long will the fish be okay until I get another pump?
  • What’s the best pump replacement that will fit in the biocube 32 chamber?
  • Is replacing the pump in the biocube difficult?
I went without a water filter for 10 months!!!! I just used power heads snd water changes. I didn’t loose any fish or creatures during that time. I’ve got over 110lbs of LR that definitely helped.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other then the water possibly getting stagnant in the back chambers, and depending on where your heater is located, there is no need for the back chambers at all on the biocube.

Throw the heater in the display, leave your PH's pointed toward the surface, and the tank will be fine for years to come.

Never owned the 32, but did have an old 29. I used a sicce 1.0 as a replacement.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back