Biocube 32 radion mount

JRoD1982

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
17
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Is anybody using radion xr15's on a biocube 32? Do you use the mounting arm? Just curious if the back glass is strong enough to support the weight. Also, what did you use to cut out the hinge that's back there on the tank after removing the hood? Thanx in advance!
 
There are little screws that you push out to remove the hinge easily. You shouldn't have to cut anything. If I remember correctly, you might have to saw off a little piece of plastic to attach the mounting arm.

I used the standard mounting arm to put a XR30 on mine (was just holding it there before the big tank was ready). It held it just fine - but I did put a lid on it just to make sure the light didn't straight up fall into the water if it fell over. I made one out of egg crate easily enough.
 
That little piece of plastic is part of the hinge. I just used a pair of snips. Thanx. I ended up securing a 1×4 to the back of the stand and set up the mounting arm there. Worked out perfectly.
 
Yes I use the mounting bracket and have had it on there for a few years. No issues
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 208

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new