Biocube 32 stand question leveling

subzero

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
126
Reaction score
47
Location
Scottsdale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m building the stand tomorrow and have hard wood floor. If the stand is not leveled exactly, and I put a shimmy under one side to get it leveled, wouldn’t all the weight be concentrated on that shimmy rather than distributed along the entire stand bottom?
 
Yes, if you only use one shim. When I have been in that situation in the past I have used multiple shims as well as layers of shingles (cut to strips and then overlap them from one layer to multiple layers as needed) to keep as much of the stand in contact with the floor as possible. Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new