Biocube 32 stocking

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came up with a list of fish I want in my biocube 32g do you guys think this is over stocked? And do you guys think they’ll all work together?

As of now I currently have the fish I checked off on the list.
Let me know your thoughts

933011CE-AF0B-4E97-99A0-F9C9203CE379.png

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came up with a list of fish I want in my biocube 32g do you guys think this is over stocked? And do you guys think they’ll all work together?

As of now I currently have the fish I checked off on the list.
Let me know your thoughts

933011CE-AF0B-4E97-99A0-F9C9203CE379.png

does your tank have enough copo pods?

if not then I wouldn't get a mandarin till your tank is about 6months to a year old to be stable enough with enough food from copopods

OP
OP
A

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does your tank have enough copo pods?

if not then I wouldn't get a mandarin till your tank is about 6months to a year old to be stable enough with enough food from copopods
No it definitely doesn’t now but that was gonna be probaly the last fish I added and not for a while my tank is only about a month old but it is fully cycled

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 fish in my 32, I think its perfect.

Personally I would suggest to drop the angel fish and coral beauty, the tank is too small (always google "recommended tank size").

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So everything but the angelfish would work? And is that just cuz it’s to many fish or what
you can have an angel fish if you want. but from my experience with the multiple reef tanks and fish population I have had. i found that angel fish in larger environments and plenty of space to hide and go within in the tank tend to not care about coral and won't pick at your corals. i have put angelfish into smaller aquariums and they tend to nip or bite or pick at corals vs the angel fish that are in larger aquariums.

but yeah everything sounds good. just make sure you got a way to have pods reproduce cause your pod population will take a hit once the Mandarin fish gets in there.

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I would not do the mandarin or the dwarf angels. Just not enough space. Have you thought about small gobies? Clown gobies, yellow gobies etc..
Some good suggestions here but not saying you should get them from LA:

juniorgomez708

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no its not lol ...he could probably lose the angel fish but I've put this many fish in a 15-gallon nano
I was thinking for sure lose the Angel fish. Saltwater fish need places to hid. To have that many fish in a 15 gallon is absolutely not healthy. I have a 250 g tank and I have around the same amount of fish from that list. I could definitely have more but my fish don’t ever fight, they all have their homes. I also have coral so I prefer not having high nitrates. When I first got into the hobby, I was always told to have around 2-3 fish in a 32g

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I would not do the mandarin or the dwarf angels. Just not enough space. Have you thought about small gobies? Clown gobies, yellow gobies etc..
Mandarin fish shouldn’t be an issue in a 30 gallon tank for space but as far as pods he’s gonna need a steady supply

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking for sure lose the Angel fish. Saltwater fish need places to hid. To have that many fish in a 15 gallon is absolutely not healthy. I have a 250 g tank and I have around the same amount of fish from that list. I could definitely have more but my fish don’t ever fight, they all have their homes. I also have coral so I prefer not having high nitrates. When I first got into the hobby, I was always told to have around 2-3 fish

I have had multiple fish tanks 15 gallon, 30 gallon, 40 gallon breeder, 50 gallon, 90 gallon and now a 100 gallon. Heavy stocking in a tank is completely fine if you do it slowly. I’ve seen people put angel fish and tangs in 25 gallon tanks and later remove them and relocate to a bigger tank. I’ve had complete success and enjoyment and the fish are more than happy in eatch environment. There’s always that one person on each post that acts like the fish police. You don’t need to have a 200 gallon tank for 3 fish. That comment has no place in this hobby.

juniorgomez708

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no its not lol ...he could probably lose the angel fish but I've put this many fish in a 15-gallon nano
I have had multiple fish tanks 15 gallon, 30 gallon, 40 gallon breeder, 50 gallon, 90 gallon and now a 100 gallon. Heavy stocking in a tank is completely fine if you do it slowly. I’ve seen people put angel fish and tangs in 25 gallon tanks and later remove them and relocate to a bigger tank. I’ve had complete success and enjoyment and the fish are more than happy in eatch environment. There’s always that one person on each post that acts like the fish police. You don’t need to have a 200 gallon tank for 3 fish. That comment has no place in this hobby.
I want new hobbies to succeed. My first 32 gallon tank I was told by a fish store that I can have a tang, couple of clowns and gobies. The tang was okay while it was a little baby then grew after 6 months. Fish became very territorial. I also fed 3 times a day. All I said was my opinion on the thread. You came in hot saying ohhhhh it’s sooooo possible. If that were true then there would not be threads out there saying putting 4 fish in a 32 gallon bio cube is pushing it. You can do an easy google search and see that. Also, I never said I had 3 fish in my 250g tank.

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To have that many fish in a 15 gallon is absolutely not healthy. I have a 250 g tank and I have around the same amount of fish from that list.

I ran the 15 gallon for years with no problems at all. I’ve seen 6-7 fish stocked into a 20-25 gallon tank. To say it’s not healthy is completely incorrect.

All I said was my opinion on the thread. You came in hot saying ohhhhh it’s sooooo possible.
It is possible. I’m not understanding why you think it’s not. And I’m also inserting my opinion 11+ years of reefing. I’m not trying to pick a fight here man I think we both have success in different ways. I think he will be just fine with the stocking list he has without the angel. Now if he wants to add a tang..no one is gonna stop him and we could advise against it but he’s gonna do what he wants to do.

juniorgomez708

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the 15 gallon for years with no problems at all. I’ve seen 6-7 fish stocked into a 20-25 gallon tank. To say it’s not healthy is completely incorrect.

It is possible. I’m not understanding why you think it’s not. And I’m also inserting my opinion 11+ years of reefing. I’m not trying to pick a fight here man I think we both have success in different ways. I think he will be just fine with the stocking list he has without the angel. Now if he wants to add a tang..no one is gonna stop him and we could advise against it but he’s gonna do what he wants to do.
I’m not trying to pick a fight either, just disagreeing and that is okay.

Wizard677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty is all over my 75 gallon 4ft tank, scavenging and picking at rocks. He is pretty active. I personally would not put him in a 2 ft wide 32 gallon tank or any angels for that matter. Definitely hold off on the Mandarin until copepod population is established. I found out the hard way that continually dosing copepods is very expensive fish food LOL

OP
OP
A

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a watchman goby

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back