Biocube 32

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
I have two questions. If I cannot get a 120 gallon tank, I may start with a Biocube 32 which I will use as my coral quarantine and frag tank later on when I upgrade to a 120 gallon tank.
Q1. Should I have the refugium in the first chamber or in half of the second chamber after a custom media basket in the first half of the second chamber.
Q2. How many fish can I have the the Biocube 32? Can someone please give me a few stocking lists so that I can choose from them as I'm kinda lost. The fish stocking should have a pair of clownfish, bangai cardinal, goby, and small pink steaked wrasse.

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A1 - Either or will work just fine - I would consider ease of maintenance and giving your macro algae enough room to grow so you dont have to keep harvesting way to soon.

A2 - depends on aggression and your nutrient export method - For instance, will you have a protein skimmer? are you going to have a mini refugium, that sort of thing needs to take into consideration.

wince718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
I have two questions. If I cannot get a 120 gallon tank, I may start with a Biocube 32 which I will use as my coral quarantine and frag tank later on when I upgrade to a 120 gallon tank.
Q1. Should I have the refugium in the first chamber or in half of the second chamber after a custom media basket in the first half of the second chamber.
Q2. How many fish can I have the the Biocube 32? Can someone please give me a few stocking lists so that I can choose from them as I'm kinda lost. The fish stocking should have a pair of clownfish, bangai cardinal, goby, and small pink steaked wrasse.
I am curious how you ended up setting up your refugium for your biocube?

Galliente

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an intank media basket and fuge and coralife skimmer in my biocube. Tbh I'm not sure how well the skimmer works. Pretty temperamental and creates micro bubbles in DT. My fuge is In the 2nd chamber but also not sure how beneficial it is. Fairly small when it comes to fuge. If I had to redo it I may try to fit a scrubber instead of loose chaeto. The chaeto can shred and dirty the DT. But tank is thriving so I dont really wanna rock the boat right now.

Stocking list and amount of fish depends on the scape and size of fish. Common biocube stocking I have seen:
Clowns
Tailspot blenny
Lawnmower blenny
Royal gramma
Orchid dottyback
6 line wrasse
Firefish
Watchman goby
Cardinals

For goby and blennys and wrasses check how big the species can grow. Some can get large.

I would recommend a couple utilitarian fish.
Wrasses that eat pests, blennies that eat algae l, gobies that clean sand. Etc Duel purpose fish that look good.

When stocking the tank I introduced them in a way I felt they would get along. Ex 6 lines are semi aggressive so I put him in almost last and bought a smaller one so he wouldnt bully later fish that are introduced.

My order was
1 clown
2 blenny
3 royal gramma
4 6line
5 purple firefish
I personally chose all small fish 1inch ish so it wasn't too crowded and will upgrade in about a year and as they grow move them to a larger tank.

BPCGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A) Depends on your intent for the fuge. If you have it in Chamber 1, all the pods will get caught in your filter floss. I have mine in the second half of Chamber 2. Quick tip- the garbage media rack that comes with biocube can be used to make sides for the Intank fuge basket. Just glue them on.

B) I have a pair of Ocellaris clowns, a yellow banded possum wrasse, a green clown goby, a tail spot blenny, and a yellow watchman goby. Major inverts include a pistol shrimp, a huge 4.5-inch cleaner shrimp, and an emerald crab. I have successfully kept one additional fish, alternately a Royal Gramma or a Pygmy filefish.

subzero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns, lunar wrasse, 1 firefish, 3 green chromis, yellow tail damsel, blue striped black damsel, and a yellow damsel in a 32.. feed heavy, everything is thriving... 2 gallon water changes once a month or 2..

85EA814F-B639-48F6-BC9D-8A95E11B2D05.jpeg

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the biocubes fit a hob skimmer?
Id get a nice hob.skimmer or an upgraded in tank one if you can find one that fits. Cpr sr2 i think it was back in the day.
D

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back