OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, got home from work late, longest traffic jam I’ve ever been on on the turnpike. I look in my tank and look who is back. I swear I heard laughing again. Oh it’s on, it’s on!
71DCFDD4-CD78-45F5-93EC-43EC26744E07.jpeg

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this ultra rare starfish from a fellow reefer. He practically gave it to me for $300! Supposedly they are one of the few starfish that do well in our reef tanks and have even been known to breed in our tanks. I feel blessed.
82EAD2CB-60B6-4EC1-A4F9-9BCC0DC12769.jpeg

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this ultra rare starfish from a fellow reefer. He practically gave it to me for $300! Supposedly they are one of the few starfish that do well in our reef tanks and have even been known to breed in our tanks. I feel blessed.
82EAD2CB-60B6-4EC1-A4F9-9BCC0DC12769.jpeg
Hmmmm why is everything always ultra rare .
Can you please post this under white lights

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm why is everything always ultra rare .
Can you please post this under white lights
My parameters are perfect and my tank was setup 3 hours ago using tap water I got out of my toilet bowl, probably should have got it out of the sink as it had a slight yellow tint to it.

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, if I remember correctly we started our tanks about the same time?

Oooo good eye as we started our blogs just a month apart from each other. My Biocube was started in 2019, and is now 2 months away from turning 5 years old :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:. Took me a while to get up the courage to start posting the journey.

What i love about your cube is it demonstrates how consistent husbandry breeds success. I fell into a newbie trap at the one year mark, started making changes to my routine and caused a wicked crash. The tank has recovered but it took years to correct.

Cheers to a fascinating journey,

B-Kind

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooo good eye as we started our blogs just a month apart from each other. My Biocube was started in 2019, and is now 2 months away from turning 5 years old :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:. Took me a while to get up the courage to start posting the journey.

What i love about your cube is it demonstrates how consistent husbandry breeds success. I fell into a newbie trap at the one year mark, started making changes to my routine and caused a wicked crash. The tank has recovered but it took years to correct.

B-Kind
I love that statement: “Consistent husbandry breeds success”

So very true and so hard to stick to in that first year.

Kev is very consistent and doesn’t get caught up in the latest craze or trend. He observes first. I learn from his “not doing” quite a lot.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

B-Kind
Wow, 5 years, before you know it your tank will be heading off to college.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

B-Kind
My solution: never fall into a routine and it's impossible to fall out of one!

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I started mine about 3 months behind you. These cubes fill up pretty fast once they get going.

Congrats
Agreed, it’s been sometime since I felt the thrill of adding a new coral!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back