Biocube 32g build

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow totally forgot to post a 1 year photo. Its is actually over 13 months. Still have some spaces to fill in but I’m being picky. I have fragged half my birdsnest ( it needs done again), two heads of my NY Knicks Torch, two heads of my orange tipped frogspawn and my gsp to free up some real estate.
6172BA3F-BD5A-4CDE-B089-0285A40264BE.jpeg
Beautiful looking cube you have there, cheers to many years to come!

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow totally forgot to post a 1 year photo. Its is actually over 13 months. Still have some spaces to fill in but I’m being picky. I have fragged half my birdsnest ( it needs done again), two heads of my NY Knicks Torch, two heads of my orange tipped frogspawn and my gsp to free up some real estate.
6172BA3F-BD5A-4CDE-B089-0285A40264BE.jpeg
Are you using the stock bio cube lights but only blues?

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the stock bio cube lights but only blues?
For the majority of the time yes. Whites come on for 5 hours a day. Mid summer I got two 21 usa leds for more blue when whites are on since the whites kinda wash out the color of the corals. I didn’t get them for more par, corals were growing great with the stock lights.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the majority of the time yes. Whites come on for 5 hours a day. Mid summer I got two 21 usa leds for more blue when whites are on since the whites kinda wash out the color of the corals. I didn’t get them for more par, corals were growing great with the stock lights.
Nice. I never liked the look of the whites since they also kinda boost the colour of algae. I’ll definitely look into decreasing the whites. And maybe getting those USA leds. There are a lot of benefits with the biocube like the lid that allows you to get any nano fish that jumps. But the white lights aren’t Amazing

beens_N_Weever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does your Royal Gramma Basslet do with your clowns? That's one of the next fish I want to add in my tank. I've heard they can be a little territorial and I know Clowns are as well.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had. not had any problems with any of them and they have been together over a year. The clowns have their spot in the corner and tolerate fish entering their little piece of real estate. Grammas are peaceful and if something bothers he/she it will posture with it’s mouth wide open but it’s all show.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’ve shown the good now it’s time to show the bad and the ugly. I lost 1 of 2 of my trachy’s. I think I know what happened. About 3 weeks ago I got a more powerful wave maker. I hade to move it four times due to the amount of flow on my torches, my primary focus. I wasn’t paying close attention to the flow across the sand bed. The side of the trachy receiving the most flow began to tear. Moved so that spot wasn’t receiving as much flow but it progressed. Took it out yesterday to do an iodine dip but the SMELL! I had to toss it. What a shame, my first coral loss. I’ll try and learn from it.
A57D2380-A8E9-4509-A723-DA1E29214A0C.jpeg

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how your rock matured! Looks like it went fairly quick?
Ya fairly quick but no matter how quick you always want it to go quicker! I think it had a lot to do with starting with live rock.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! What LFS do you go to? I also live in ohio and am limited to 2 mediocre fish stores. It's nice that you live near tidal gardens.
I’m lucky to have a great one here in town called Extreme Tropical Pet ( don’t let the name fool you, it’s one fresh and salt water) . Tanks are pristine and good selection of fish corals and inverts. The owners have been in business for over three decades. Tidal Gardens is my second go to if I want something very specific. Spent 4 years in Columbus going to school, O-H!

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m lucky to have a great one here in town called Extreme Tropical Pet ( don’t let the name fool you, it’s one fresh and salt water) . Tanks are pristine and good selection of fish corals and inverts. The owners have been in business for over three decades. Tidal Gardens is my second go to if I want something very specific. Spent 4 years in Columbus going to school, O-H!
I go to matts corals and reef system coral farm I used to go to aquarium adventure for fw but when I got into salt I found their prices to be very high for coral. I live in Granville which is like a 30 minute drive to Columbus.

Joshua J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you share your lighting schedule please? I have had a tough time with algae and I am wondering what times and for how long you run each of your 3 channels ? Thanks :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back