Biocube and AI Prime settings help

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Been searching for a while trying to find screenshots of AI Prime lighting schedules for a 32 biocube with mostly soft corals. I can’t figure out the download situation and was hoping someone could share their schedules with a screenshot so I can build them manually and give it a try based off your success with them. Thanks a million.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll post a picture of my lighting schedule below just for you to get an idea- I also struggled finding a schedule and intensity that works for me.
One important thing to note, I have a Hydra 26HD, so, you’ll probably have to increase the intensity a bit ( I don’t know how much) if you want to go off mine.
I’m basically running the AB+ spectrum, just toned down quite a bit- not sure if it’s still considered AB+ anymore but it’s been working. Quick background, when I got the the light, i set it up exactly to what BRS had, but enabled the acclimation mode, for like a year...and then i forgot about that. Fast forward to like 5/6 months ago, I remembered about it because I started seeing signs of bleaching on my sunset montipora.
i’ve been slowly dialing down all the channels in equal amounts and i think i finally found something that has been working for now. I say for now because i want to eventually get my hands on a par meter to dial things correctly. Anyway..

FEABE73E-F2B5-423A-A5C1-A8EB90DF41D4.png

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll post a picture of my lighting schedule below just for you to get an idea- I also struggled finding a schedule and intensity that works for me.
One important thing to note, I have a Hydra 26HD, so, you’ll probably have to increase the intensity a bit ( I don’t know how much) if you want to go off mine.
I’m basically running the AB+ spectrum, just toned down quite a bit- not sure if it’s still considered AB+ anymore but it’s been working. Quick background, when I got the the light, i set it up exactly to what BRS had, but enabled the acclimation mode, for like a year...and then i forgot about that. Fast forward to a like 5/6 months ago, I remembered about it because I started seeing signs of bleaching on my sunset montipora.
i’ve been slowly dialing all the channels in equal amounts and i think i finally found something that has been working for now. I say for now because i want to eventually get my hands on a par meter to dial things correctly. Anyway..
Thank you so much for sharing. Here is where I’m set at now.

Attachments

• 34E07EED-31FD-469A-9694-D39E4E3DE177.png
    34E07EED-31FD-469A-9694-D39E4E3DE177.png
    252 KB · Views: 49

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty crazy how complex lighting can be- mounting height (I have mine mounted about 6inches from the water), even nitrates ( mine is 5-10 Salifert) and phosphate (mine is .06 -.1 Hannah ULR) levels play a roll in how you should tune the lights. Do a search on the forums for AI Prime settings and schedules, and maybe Youtube- there HAS to be someone out there with those same lights that can share their schedule.

I would hate to steer you wrong by giving you guidance on a different light that I'm using.

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe my setting is bsr par at 100% for AI Prime but I’m worried it might be to much. I have this same setting saved at 100%, 90%, 80%, 70%?

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe my setting is bar par at 100% for AI Prime but I’m worried it might be to much. I have this same setting saved at 100%, 90%, 80%, 70%?
My nitrates are a bit high btw. 10-15 approx

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think your nitrates are that high from what I've noticed online. I'd probably run that lowered intensity schedule. Do you have any corals right now, and do they seem 'bothered' by the current schedule?

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think your nitrates are that high from what I've noticed online. I'd probably run that lowered intensity schedule. Do you have any corals right now, and do they seem 'bothered' by the current schedule?
Thank you. I had it at 70% of this and yeah corals mixed everywhere and they struggled to wake up everyday and didn’t seem happy so I just bumped it up to that 100% setting but think 90% would be okay and wait and see. Idk. I’m a serious newb.

OP
OP
S

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I had it at 70% of this and yeah corals mixed everywhere and they struggled to wake up everyday and didn’t seem happy so I just bumped it up to that 100% setting but think 90% would be okay and wait and see. Idk. I’m a serious newb.
Just don’t want to keep chasing my tail and making changes too much.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%
Back