Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your coral look happy
so far so good!
Mines from reef cleaners so I’m taking their word on it. Definitely wouldn’t trust a petco one lol
I haven't been able to bring myself to ship any livestock yet. I just checked the webcam, and I am pretty sure I can still see one of the aiptasias just chillin. It's mocking me. :expressionless-face: It doesn't even look afraid. :face-with-rolling-eyes: I would at least hope to see it cowering in fear because it knows one of my new friends will inevitably take it down! :::::Sigh:::::they will have some time to get their act together and eat or they will be served with an eviction notice. I don't have time for lazy inverts :winking-face-with-tongue: . Unless they were a pom pom crab.... I'd allow those to just chill and make me smile.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning and checked the evo. One of the two aiptasia has disappeared
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

The shrimp are allowed to stay… for now .

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:star-struck:

not sure the quality is so bad… is that a setting I’m not doing right???.. it’s clear on the upload. But when it loads it blurs out some of the details
You tube does that. They want you subbing to get better quality.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started to Google it… seems like it takes a few hours to upload the full quality :face-with-rolling-eyes:
I get downgraded to 1080p my videos are higher res than that. Oh well.
Luckily, Someone just got an up close tutorial on the ol Chop Chop.
I don't like youtube that much at all. I don't use it much.
I’m hoping when we cut it, it will grow another head and then we can repeat.. ::::fingers crossed:::::
Seems to be doing good. I assume all leathers grow quick. I don't know much on that one.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up a 4 am and suddenly remembered that I never turned off the RODI before going to bed.
the office GIF

UGH. Fortunately I was making it outside, so the only thing I flooded was my patio but I wasted a ton of water and DI resin. :disappointed-face::angry-face:. I'm pretty ticked at myself.
are you making it into a bucket? If so, just order a cheap float valve off amazon and install it in the side of the bucket. Then never have to worry about it.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you making it into a bucket? If so, just order a cheap float valve off amazon and install it in the side of the bucket. Then never have to worry about it.
I currently fill up five gallon buckets . The feed is through the outside hose. If I use a float valve will it auto shut off the feed? Not sure how that works. Its a BRS RODI.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently fill up five gallon buckets . The feed is through the outside hose. If I use a float valve will it auto shut off the feed? Not sure how that works. Its a BRS RODI.
If you use a float valve, it will shut off the feed once the bucket is full. This will then cause the pressure to rise on the unit and the little shut off valve (white brick with 4 lines going in/out of it) to shut of the waste side of the unit and then it will just sit idle like it does when installed in a house and hooked up to valves or float valves.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back