Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who made it ?
Not sure this is the only info the listing had plus the pictures I posted before:

"I have a 80 gal rimless that has been running for 5 years. We don't have time to keep up with it anymore, any interest in it? Had a pair of clowns, a large pink spotted goby, a couple others, snails and crabs. Light stand that attached to the stand and power coated black. New pump this past year"

All she has given me privately so far are the dimensions. She is coming back from a trip and is supposed to send me more info about the equipment list and specifics about the tank. I will ask more questions if I don't get that info.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure this is the only info the listing had plus the pictures I posted before:

"I have a 80 gal rimless that has been running for 5 years. We don't have time to keep up with it anymore, any interest in it? Had a pair of clowns, a large pink spotted goby, a couple others, snails and crabs. Light stand that attached to the stand and power coated black. New pump this past year"

All she has given me privately so far are the dimensions. She is coming back from a trip and is supposed to send me more info about the equipment list and specifics about the tank. I will ask more questions if I don't get that info.
@rmorris_14 this is the same size as the frag tank I have on the left side of the 8ft system. Mine just happened to be rimmed.

I def agree the 24" front to back is a must. But long term I'm not sure you will really like having only 16" height. It will be limiting. 18" is better 24" I think is the tallest you want (my new build is 25" tall)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is the one in the link below, correct?

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the rimmed tank in this photo
20230318_202055.jpg

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one in the link below, correct?

correct

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rmorris_14 this is the same size as the frag tank I have on the left side of the 8ft system. Mine just happened to be rimmed.

I def agree the 24" front to back is a must. But long term I'm not sure you will really like having only 16" height. It will be limiting. 18" is better 24" I think is the tallest you want (my new build is 25" tall)
Did you go with a shorter stand on the new build, so I don't need a step ladder?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just don't like worrying about what pit-stick I used if I need to grab something off the bottom of my tank.

but when I sit-back and look at it the 24" is nice.

that being said, this is nice because it checks a lot of boxes and doesn't need additional work besides tear-down & setup. And its a 5 year tank that looks in decent shape.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't like worrying about what pit-stick I used if I need to grab something off the bottom of my tank.

but when I sit-back and look at it the 24" is nice.

that being said, this is nice because it checks a lot of boxes and doesn't need additional work besides tear-down & setup. And its a 5 year tank that looks in decent shape.
lol "pit stick"

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rmorris_14 - Maybe a close-by (Midwest) reefing friend with a 24" deep aquarium can let you drop by and do some maintenance on their tank to see how it is for you. You know, as long as they don't mind reptilian-like skinned hands in their system.

Or maybe drop by a LFS and see a 24" deep tank.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rmorris_14 - Maybe a close-by (Midwest) reefing friend with a 24" deep aquarium can let you drop by and do some maintenance on their tank to see how it is for you. You know, as long as they don't mind reptilian-like skinned hands in their system.

Or maybe drop by a LFS and see a 24" deep tank.
Yeah... the hands are looking crazy rough today. I wouldn't let me in a tank. :dizzy-face:

I like the suggestion.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back