Biocube frag tank

classklown90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
900
Reaction score
18
Location
South jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my biocube is officially a frag tank now. I figured id make a thread since I have some questions. First the tank info:

Tank has been up for 3 years as a display tank until now.

Live stock is:
two ocellaris clowns
2 hermits
4 nerite snails
4 nassirus snails

I have 2 pieces of live rock in display, rubble in middle chamber. Biocube filter pad and heater in first chamber. Chemipure elite in middle chamber on top of live rock rubble.

My question is how often will I need to change the chemipure? I don't plan on feeding alot as I never have. It is the half unit size and is the elite. I'm also wondering what I should/need to add in order to keep my sps frags in good health. The lighting and flow will be enough I'm just worried about nitrates and ammonia due to the loss of alot of live rock. I also plan on 3 gallon weekly water changes or 5 gallon bi-weekly depending on what you guys think is better.

Lighting will be custom Steve led unit, should be here soon.

Here is a cloudy pic with the stock lights

ezypyba7.jpg
 
Any ideas in how to improve this or should I be okay? I plan on mostly sps n zoas

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
 
What kind of lighting does it have?
 
Thank you. It will have a custom built steves led hood in a few days

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new