Biocube setup

DustyBootsAZ

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2025
Messages
59
Reaction score
140
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am totally new to the hobby and starting with a used biocube 32 for my starter tank. It came with a lot of extras and I’m making sure I have it all setup correctly. I have a protein skimmer, pump w/ UV sterilizer, a media rack and a heater that all need to go in the back.

I currently have the skimmer in the first chamber, the rack in the middle chamber and the pumper/UV sterilizer in the 3rd chamber. Which chamber should my heater go? Or does that go somewhere else entirely?
 
Wow, that's a lol of gear. Enjoy! As to your question, use a chamber where the water level remains relatively constant-- meaning not a chamber where the water level can quickly drop due to evaporation, and cause the heater's minimum water line to be out of (above) water. I hope that makes sense.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new