Biocube setup

DustyBootsAZ

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2025
Messages
59
Reaction score
140
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a brand new reefer, and I got a used Biocube 32 for my first starter tank. It came with a bunch of extras so I’m trying to figure out what goes where in the back of the tank. Right now it’s dry, but I have a protein skimmer in the first chamber, a media rack in the middle and the pump with UV sterilizer in the last chamber. Would I also put my heater in one of those chambers? If so, does it matter which one? Thank for the help!
 
I’m a brand new reefer, and I got a used Biocube 32 for my first starter tank. It came with a bunch of extras so I’m trying to figure out what goes where in the back of the tank. Right now it’s dry, but I have a protein skimmer in the first chamber, a media rack in the middle and the pump with UV sterilizer in the last chamber. Would I also put my heater in one of those chambers? If so, does it matter which one? Thank for the help!
I have the heater in the first chamber with the protein skimmer. I loosely based my middle chamber on the video I will post. That was four years ago this month.
 
I have the BioCube as well for my first saltwater tank. I like it, just wish I would have gone bigger. If you end up wanting bristle star fish, I suggest getting the covers for the upper and lower water intakes. I didn't have them and added the bristle starfish. That was where it ended up living for a few weeks until i got the covers and was able to fish him out of there. Now it hides under the rocks. I did upgrade the return pump because I felt like it wasn't the greatest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new