Biopellets, cyano cause, DVH all in one, and excess carbon

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used npx biopeklets a long time ago to reduce no3 and po4, it worked but I ended up with cyano while I ran pellets. I guess all bacteria , including cyano, feeds off the carbon, or does cyano only occur if no3 /po4 bottom out? What's the cause of outbreak? Is it just the product / brand maybe.

I'm thinking about trying DVH all in one biopeklets, which are suppose to have increased reduction rates due to a phosphate binder layered in the pellet medium. It sounds good to me. Can anyone shed light on this product, mechanism or materials they use?

Curious about biopellets materials in water column.

Let's say no3 and po4 are 0. Assume tumble rate, goh, is the same. , does a small bag of biopellets melt as fast as a large bag? . Is the dissolution rate of pellets limited by no3/po4 availability, or is it constant? potentially leaving a bunch of excess carbon in the water.

Ideally we want to find the sweet spot, using just enough biopellets to get barely detectable no3/po4. I think I may try just 10 pellets or something very small. Ive always end up with cyano when using npx bioplastics or vinegar.

Currently 60 no3 and 0.22 po4 (sps/lps tank)

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 48 23.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 117 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back