Biota/captive bred Court Jester Goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishbird
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishbird

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2020
Messages
356
Reaction score
346
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that in general, Court Jester/Rainford gobies are supposed to fare poorly in reef tanks. Does anybody here have a captive bred one that was weaned on pellets? How long have you had it and does it still look healthy? What size tank do you have it in? These gobies look so cool but based on what I had read before I learned about the biota ones I didn’t think I could ever have one since I’m only interested in fish that I can keep healthy long term. Maybe the biota fish is a game changer though?

Second question: if you have a Rainford Goby how do you think it would do in a 20 gallon nano reef with a sharknose goby (Elacatinus evelynae) and maybe something like a cave transparent goby (Fusigobius pallidus)? I know gobies are territorial but I’ve also read that as long as they are from different genra, look different, and use different niches they should be ok? These would be the only fish in the tank. I’m not sure exactly where the Cave transparent goby would hang out so have to do more research there too.

Thanks!
 
I’ve always had great luck with my rainfords and never had any issues.
this is the first I’m hearing that they are“ tough” to keep...
Mine lived in a 28G biocube by himself and I literally didn’t even feed the tank. He lived by grazing on algae in the tank and him being there made more algae.
 
I’ve always had great luck with my rainfords and never had any issues.
this is the first I’m hearing that they are“ tough” to keep...
Mine lived in a 28G biocube by himself and I literally didn’t even feed the tank. He lived by grazing on algae in the tank and him being there made more algae.
He lived by himself in that tank happily for over 2 years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new