Biota Captive-Raised Cuban Basslet

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would notice it if it looked stunning like it was supposed to.
69BE1AA3-D310-4138-BDF8-4A7153636FD6.png

Gorgeous fish

I agree, it is a beautiful fish, but a 2" flashing LED in the tank would be hard to see, let alone a fish.

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great looking fish. The thing here is the embargo on Cuba, so impossible to get. Perhaps these captive bred fish will mature and get the wild coloration. Maybe not. The grass is always greener over that 50 foot fence. I would love to have 5 or 6 in my 430 gallon tank, but my budget is in line with it's more common cousin.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree, it is a beautiful fish, but a 2" flashing LED in the tank would be hard to see, let alone a fish.

I agree if it were like the wild one it would be on the top of my list.. I would buy this one if it were not so expensive.

Now maybe over time the color will come in. I am guessing these are not full adults.

I also think they will eventually get better at breeding it. Anyone who has bred fish knows it is harder at first and usually the first few batches are smaller with miss bars, less color or what ever. Over time you get better.

Looks to be still available... I would have thought it would be gone..
Biota has to be disappointed. I think there is demand and lots of it for this fish just not at this price and especially since it is not the first one. Some will pay allot just to be the first.

U

User1

View Badges
That's what I said earlier on FB lol
Yeah, 100g I have 3 Yellow Accessors and they aren't the stars in the tank for viewing but they're pretty cool.

Can you elaborate? I just ordered a Yellow Assessor :D

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate? I just ordered a Yellow Assessor :D

Beautiful small fish in a big tank are significantly less attention grabbing. I discovered this with a tail spot blenny. Very interesting fish but you completely miss it in a 72x24x24 tank.

U

User1

View Badges
Beautiful small fish in a big tank are significantly less attention grabbing. I discovered this with a tail spot blenny. Very interesting fish but you completely miss it in a 72x24x24 tank.
Ah, thank you. My tank is 210 with a lot of rock. I think I hear what you are saying.

You mentioned 3? Three yellows? That is cool as I was thinking of getting three to five. If not, do you know if you can mix the yellow with the blue and randalls? I really like the Assessors.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ah, thank you. My tank is 210 with a lot of rock. I think I hear what you are saying.

You mentioned 3? Three yellows? That is cool as I was thinking of getting three to five. If not, do you know if you can mix the yellow with the blue and randalls? I really like the Assessors.
I would stay with the yellows as they stand out more. They're shy fish not aggressive at all so you need to have tank mates with that kind of personality if you want to see them often. Tank mates think of Firefish as an example.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back