Biota has the coolest customers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we received something absolutely amazing from our customer Christina. She is a professinal photographer and has one of the nicest tanks we've ever seen. Christina sent us a desk calendar loaded with photos of many of our animals in her tank. Check out how cool this is!

PXL_20230201_143641551.jpg
PXL_20230201_143654972.jpg
PXL_20230201_143705097.jpg

PXL_20230201_143549373.jpg

Below are some other photos of her amazing Reef tank!

IMG_5907.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

IMG_0090.jpeg

IMG_5996.jpeg

Beazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that’s one clean tank! Such a nice idea and it’s awesome to see other people with biota fish in their tank.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sick, do you guys know when a sale on a yellow tang will be ?
We don't plan on a sale for the yellow tang anytime soon (winter is their low spawning season) but I'll have another small batch ready to ship likely late next week to early the week of the 13th.

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my pair of yellow tangs I got from y'all! Thank you so much for your wonderful work you do!

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't plan on a sale for the yellow tang anytime soon (winter is their low spawning season) but I'll have another small batch ready to ship likely late next week to early the week of the 13th.
I guess I’m not cool enough ! Lol can’t wait to order one.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we received something absolutely amazing from our customer Christina. She is a professinal photographer and has one of the nicest tanks we've ever seen. Christina sent us a desk calendar loaded with photos of many of our animals in her tank. Check out how cool this is!

PXL_20230201_143641551.jpg
PXL_20230201_143654972.jpg
PXL_20230201_143705097.jpg

PXL_20230201_143549373.jpg

Below are some other photos of her amazing Reef tank!

IMG_5907.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

IMG_0090.jpeg

IMG_5996.jpeg

Wonderful tank and wonderful company! Bought in the past but was hoping to buy a captive mandarin. They scare me so much though! I've got a 120 without many pod eaters and feed pretty heavy (4-5x a day including small items like bbs, pe calanus, and ocean plankton). I've got a fuge and pods, but I just worry about the little guy.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonderful tank and wonderful company! Bought in the past but was hoping to buy a captive mandarin. They scare me so much though! I've got a 120 without many pod eaters and feed pretty heavy (4-5x a day including small items like bbs, pe calanus, and ocean plankton). I've got a fuge and pods, but I just worry about the little guy.
They do eat small items that make it down to them so you won't have to rely on pods. Even at their small size they're usually very hardy. They actual secrete a smelly poisonous mucus that deters predators so once they've been established for a few days they shouldn't have any problems.

Meloco14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry too much. I bought one from biota and yes he was tiny, I had him in a non medicated qt for almost 2 months making sure he was eating and healthy. I fed baby brine, chromaboost b2, frozen calanus, and occasionally some live pods. He did fine but didn't grow much. When I added him to my 90gal display he exploded in growth. The fastest growing fish in my tank other than my foxface. Being able to eat all day long in an established tank made him much fatter and healthier than isolating him in the qt to target feed him. I probably should have put him in the display sooner. I don't have any other pod eaters, and mostly peaceful fish. My bristletooth tang is sometimes a jerk but I've never seen him bother the mandarin.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry too much. I bought one from biota and yes he was tiny, I had him in a non medicated qt for almost 2 months making sure he was eating and healthy. I fed baby brine, chromaboost b2, frozen calanus, and occasionally some live pods. He did fine but didn't grow much. When I added him to my 90gal display he exploded in growth. The fastest growing fish in my tank other than my foxface. Being able to eat all day long in an established tank made him much fatter and healthier than isolating him in the qt to target feed him. I probably should have put him in the display sooner. I don't have any other pod eaters, and mostly peaceful fish. My bristletooth tang is sometimes a jerk but I've never seen him bother the mandarin.
I've heard this from a few different customers that the second they get into the main display they explode in growth. It's always great to hear them doing well!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back