Biota Yellow Tang Progress

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jake! Good work and I hope you will expand into the Asian market! I’d love to have some of your CB fish, always nice to have alternatives other than Bali Aquarich which mostly specializes in angels and Clownfish not much else. You guys are trailblazers.

I’m curious whether some of your stock is actually from there, or bred i. your own facilities. Specifically Colin’s, Venusta, Multibar, Lemonpeel, Goldflake, Maze, Scribbled, Majestic and Smokey Lemonpeel (Lemonpeel x Half Black) angels. Yeah I know that’s a mouthful haha.

You should also look into some other Tangs too. :) Gem Tangs, Blue Tangs, and some Bristletooth and Acanthurus species too.

Would it be possible to order some of your Coral Beauties and Borbonius Anthias and have them shipped to China?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should also look into some other Tangs too. :) Gem Tangs, Blue Tangs, and some Bristletooth and Acanthurus species too.
Oh yes please. The Gem tangs would be a gold mine! The potential to control that price tag could create a lot more demand from the majority of people that will never pay +hundreds of dollars for a single fish.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jake! Good work and I hope you will expand into the Asian market! I’d love to have some of your CB fish, always nice to have alternatives other than Bali Aquarich which mostly specializes in angels and Clownfish not much else. You guys are trailblazers.

I’m curious whether some of your stock is actually from there, or bred i. your own facilities. Specifically Colin’s, Venusta, Multibar, Lemonpeel, Goldflake, Maze, Scribbled, Majestic and Smokey Lemonpeel (Lemonpeel x Half Black) angels. Yeah I know that’s a mouthful haha.

Would it be possible to order some of your Coral Beauties and Borbonius Anthias and have them shipped to China?
So all of those angelfish are bred from Bali Aquarich but we partner with them to bring them to the US as well as maricultured corals from Bali Aquarium.

We have just begun shipping into the Asian marketplace but in some lower numbers. Our first shipment to Hong Kong shipped out last week and we have some fish heading to Indonesia next week. I'm finalizing some details for customers in Taiwan and Singapore for later this month or next month!

We have had commercial success with blue tangs but we're making sure they are completely perfect before releasing them to the market.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you start shipping these to retailers over in the UK?
We currently ship to Tropical Marine Center in UK and Portugal who distribute our fish around Europe. They have shipments coming up this month so I wouldn't be surprised if you see our animals popping up very soon.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your Labryinth Angelfish naturally occurring? And will you have Maze Angels any time soon?

I wonder if you can ship directly to me or does it have to be through my LFS?
We can't ship directly to customers effectively because it does require some paperwork but once first orders enter the country through an importer they can continue to distribute our livestock appropriately.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back