Bird’s nest spawn?

kyle jaquez

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2017
Messages
259
Reaction score
72
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

looking to see what the community thinks I have. I have three green birdsnest coral. All from the same mother. I have these all over my take on the rock and glass. I first thought they were hydroids but I don’t think they are. Anyone ever seen this. I have a 20 gallon IM peninsula.

F3995804-66E2-48DF-8B6E-9104FCADA128.jpeg
 
Those look like poccilopora which is well known to spawn in aquariums like that. Do you have pics of your main birdsnest colonies?
 
I agree with above, more likely porcillipora, as it spreads like this somewhat easily
 
Hmmm interesting.
 

Attachments

  • E391997D-829C-4321-AB24-2F0A465BC876.png
    E391997D-829C-4321-AB24-2F0A465BC876.png
    712.6 KB · Views: 78
That’s 100% pocillopora and a crap load of aiptasia mixed in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new