Birds nest is browning

matteo.gravano

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
8
Location
Palmyra
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Birdsnest is dying with a little bit of what seems to be algae growing over it. Tried to hit it with a turkey baster and blew some polyps off. Phosphates got a little high into .3 range but I’m slowly bringing it back. Birdsnest is the only thing that’s taking a hit everything else is doing fine. Wondering if there’s a specific dip I currently have coralrx or if anyone has dealt with similar issue.

IMG_2305.jpeg IMG_2297.jpeg IMG_2296.jpeg
 
Birdsnest is dying with a little bit of what seems to be algae growing over it. Tried to hit it with a turkey baster and blew some polyps off. Phosphates got a little high into .3 range but I’m slowly bringing it back. Birdsnest is the only thing that’s taking a hit everything else is doing fine. Wondering if there’s a specific dip I currently have coralrx or if anyone has dealt with similar issue.

IMG_2305.jpeg IMG_2297.jpeg IMG_2296.jpeg
FLOW, they need gobs of flow to get through the branches. Also light get there too.
The center is dead, true. You can snip a bunch of pieces and mount them all together. It will grow out fast but you need to fix the original problem, flow.

Anyway of saving the colony?
I have Micro dosed fluconazole. It will kill the algae but I don't recommend it until it's Last Resort.

Check out my Colony being stung by the Galaxia.

PXL_20250406_184109431.MP.jpg PXL_20250406_182147646.MP.jpg PXL_20250406_182137206.MP.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new