Birdsnest question

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2016
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
1,584
Location
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found my birdnest fell on top of my torch. The area where the torch was stinging is turning white after a few days but the rest of the colony is fine. Will this affect the whole coral?
 
It's possible the dead parts could spread. If possible I would frag off the dead pieces. It will make the coral grow back quicker and healthier. If you leave the dead branches they will likely grow unwanted algae anyway.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new