Biscuit starfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter rraines
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rraines

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2026
Messages
25
Reaction score
32
Location
birmingham
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into different starfish species for my tank and was wondering if anyone knew of any reliable websites to look into biscuit sea stars?⭐️
 
Love my biscuit sea star, although I have caught him munching on my blastos. I have for about a year now and he is an awesome addition eventhough he nibbles at some of my coral. I’m cool with that
 
Love my biscuit sea star, although I have caught him munching on my blastos. I have for about a year now and he is an awesome addition eventhough he nibbles at some of my coral. I’m cool with that
Where’d you get him?
 
I’ve tried them twice, both times dead almost immediately. The first one I bought at reefapalooza NYC 2024 and lasted a few hours. The second I got at a frag swap in early 2025 and tried a much longer drip acclimation that was recommended by the seller. It lasted about 2 days. My wife won’t let me get another, but they sure are beautiful.
 
Also my LFS gets them occasionally. I don’t think they’re super rare, but I see them more in the summer. Go for close to $100 in NJ.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new