OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked out your thread, that thing has really come together and looks really nice! It's kind of cool when I have people over and I turn on the lights under the stand, they look they give me is funny. I'll definitly be following this.

Now get rid of that ReefKeeper and come to the DARKSIDE, get an Apex. You'll never look back.

I'm trying to figure out what to do about lighting inside the stand, looked into ribbon LED but haven't decided yet.

I'd like to go Apex, and I may in due time but the RK is adequate for now, and was part of a great package deal when i first started the 110. They do seem pretty BA.

Thanks for stopping by and for the inspiration.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll probably end up going with ribbon, just undecided if I want to go with white or the color changing; can't seem to find blue. :confused:

Here's the way the tank looks now, haven't decided about the rock work.

1393962251912.jpg

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many tangs you got in there? I see 2 for sure and possibly a third. What kinds are they?

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to add some more fish, and decide a stocking list/limit. Any suggestions?

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out what to do about lighting inside the stand, looked into ribbon LED but haven't decided yet.

I'd like to go Apex, and I may in due time but the RK is adequate for now, and was part of a great package deal when i first started the 110. They do seem pretty BA.

Thanks for stopping by and for the inspiration.

You could always go with single LEDs on a small heatsink with no optics, will definitely make things brighter. No mood changing, LOL

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that rock scape needs help. Looks like it exploded.

Also the number of fish for the tank depends on the size of the fish and how good your filtration equipment is.
If you have a HUGE Skimmer and a GFO reactor running around the clock, along with bi-weekly small water changes, you will be able to add fish till the store is empty. Also the more rock you have, the more fish your tank can support. But the equipment is the key.

Mines a 100 with 10 large fish and 5 small fish
Hippo tang ===========Blue
Yellow Tang ==========Yellow
2 Black and White Clowns==Black and White
Red line wrasse ========Red/Green
Solon Fairy Wrasse ======Blue/Pink
5 Chromis ============Blue/Green/Silver
4 Anthias ============Red/Oramge/Yellow

If I could do mine over, I would replace the Red lined wrasse with a Leopard Wrasse and the solon wrasse with a Carpenters Wrasse.
But right now I have all the colors i want with all Reef safe and non aggressive fish. So I am happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETzuiKhBP34&list=UUxATqCOHm5hqICyO3I-h-oQ&feature=c4-overview

Last edited:

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super impressed you got all this done in time you did. Excellent planning on your part.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super impressed you got all this done in time you did. Excellent planning on your part.

Thanks, it was a hectic few weeks. Just hope things start getting back to the way they were before.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
subscribed. great planning for sure. aquascaping is all up to whatever you like. I like coves and arches

Thanks. I like the more minimalist and natural look, in person it looks more like three individual little reefs.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 87 46.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back