BK's IM 112 lagoon build

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the beginning stages of setting up my new Innovative Marine 112 lagoon. I already have all the equipment purchased and waiting. Sometime this weekend I should be able to round up enough people to put the aquarium on the stand. I will be updating here as things progress. I built a subfloor out of treated 1 x 4's to help with the weight distribution and overall support of the sump.Then I placed the board that comes with the stand over the 1 x 4's.
oTdeUmRtSgawYkz5fw1zow.jpg

+sOiY+j%TpKPh8boDRc68g.jpg

HbLPrOHdSRm+HM2TSAux2Q.jpg

LhwSRnLSTf6QLwct594M7Q.jpg

0ZCwG2drRyOUaEzbzm6Y8A.jpg
The sump is a Bashsea 30 x 18 x 16 smart series

OP
OP
bckey

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got it plumbed and filled with water. Next I need to organize wires and get all the rest of the equipment setup. The light is a 36" Illumagic Blaze X. I have 2 for this build but I only put 1 on the aquarium for now and only turned it on for picture purposes. I will keep it off for cycling. The sump is the 30" x 18" x 15" Bashsea. In the first section I have the main drain going into the Clarisea 5000. In the next section I have the Nyos 120 protein skimmer and the nyos Torq reactor, neither being used yet. I plan to run brs carbon and gfo divided in the reactor. The return chamber has a Sicce Syncra Adv 7. In the tank I have marco shelf reef rock and about 75 lbs of Tropic Eden reef flakes. The power heads are Aqua Illumination Nero 5's. The salt I am using is Tropic Marin Pro Reef. I will update when I get my equipment setup and wires routed.

OP
OP
bckey

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the Clarisea up higher on some eggcrate because it supposed to run more efficient in less water and with more depth of water underneath it. I hope to get 6 to 8 weks out of a roll. Anything is better than constantly changing and cleaning socks.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Any update? Always liked this IM tank.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back