Black barred convict gobies

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have one of these guys? How hard were they to acclimate to tank life? I want to order one to deal with my nocturnal amphipod problems.
 
If you mean the Convict “goby” I kept one for 2 years before killing it accidentally. Always been a favourite fish, very close second to the flashing tilefish.
As juveniles they swim at the top but as they grow and age they begin to sit at the bottom and create burrows to go through.
They’re relatively easy to acclimate to captivity, it’s just having stable and secure rocks that’s the issue IME.
I wish I had a photo of my old one but unfortunately I don’t.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new