Black bugs on sps

  • Thread starter Thread starter loglan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thank you!!!

I still want to hear about the whole scooter blenny thing. They eat bugs like this and can help you live with them, similar to how people live with other things like ich management, AEFW management?
 
Here are the bugs that are challenging my will to keep acropora:

IMG_3340.jpeg IMG_1515.jpeg

Id: halicarid mites.

Look familiar?
Have you tried the Exodus dip by reef moonshiners? Wonder if it’ll get them for you.
 
I have not tried that dip; however, these bugs are also on the rocks so I don’t think a dip would eliminate them from the tank.
Supposedly exodus can be used on rock as well. But it will kill your beneficial bacteria.
 
Mine look like this. what the heck are these



IMG_6720.jpeg
 
If I’m not mistaken those are ostracods
Interesting! So fish food. Gonna get myself a blenny.

This thread is VERY interesting, great one Op.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new