Black bugs?

matt_work27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed some of my acro frags have head really bad polpy extension lately and decided to dip some of them in coral Rx. I was trying to zoom in on this really small black dots, can anyone verify it is a black bug or do i need better zoom? Hard for me to tell if its just debris or something worse.
Thanks for the input

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    5.3 MB
OP
OP
matt_work27

matt_work27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump. Need to know if I have to track down some inceptor from a vet

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Noticed some of my acro frags have head really bad polpy extension lately and decided to dip some of them in coral Rx. I was trying to zoom in on this really small black dots, can anyone verify it is a black bug or do i need better zoom? Hard for me to tell if its just debris or something worse.
Thanks for the input
Black bugs generally scurry around but hard to tell as there is a lot of camera movement but can also be Otracods which are tiny but move like that seen in your image. Its purely a guess and microscope images would confirm.

OP
OP
matt_work27

matt_work27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black bugs generally scurry around but hard to tell as there is a lot of camera movement but can also be Otracods which are tiny but move like that seen in your image. Its purely a guess and microscope images would confirm.
thanks for the response. Any microscope you recommend on amazon for a good price?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
thanks for the response. Any microscope you recommend on amazon for a good price?
Many reefers here use a typical school type but of course if you have no dollar limit, buy the best you can afford

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back