Black dots on clown stripe

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this happened to my first clownfish a while ago, which eventually died of velvet/brook. Now this is happening to my brand new ocellaris clown pair.
It’s hard to photograph, but I’ll try to describe it. It almost looks like black dots/holes on the front stripes, as though some scales are missing. I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this. All I know is they were completely fine in the QT, but this immediately showed up when I introduced them to the DT today after a 90 day fallow. Could it be stress related? They are trying to host a hammer coral, so could it be from scratching/stinging? They are still breathing a bit faster but are still a little stressed. If it gets worse I’ll pull them and put them back into QT, but first I want to know if this is a normal occurance. Is there a solution? All I know is they looked perfect in their QT home, but this suddenly happened in the DT. They’re also very active, and clearly disoriented.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a picture, if that helps:
AF84440F-171F-4B5B-9182-5968C4951B17.jpeg

They’ve only been in the DT for less than a day, so it can’t be parasitic-related. Right? Does anyone know where this might come from?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 74 78.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back