OP
OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No triggers in my system. Used to have a trigger that I had to feed live foods for him to eat. Live food as in live fish....

OP
OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Critters have another black leopard wrasse the last time I was in there if anyone is interested!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black leopard only is out for an hour or two as well. I’ve had him over a year. He eats mysis, not picky at all for me. He’s just very reclusive, well fed though.

In my bigger system I have a potters leopard wrasse that is very very social, out all day, eats anything including pe pellets, he’s awesome.

He is tied with my blue throat trigger as my favorite fish. Lol

OP
OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black leopard only is out for an hour or two as well. I’ve had him over a year. He eats mysis, not picky at all for me. He’s just very reclusive, well fed though.

In my bigger system I have a potters leopard wrasse that is very very social, out all day, eats anything including pe pellets, he’s awesome.

He is tied with my blue throat trigger as my favorite fish. Lol

The first one is out all day now and she eats about anything I feed. It’s the second one that was picky, he’s bigger and older too. The first one was only like almost an inch size. The second one which will most likely be the male cause of the size difference between the two. As he’s about 2” long. He eats real good now too.

I knew I wouldn’t be happy with the tank size like years ago when I was in it and now I want a bigger reef again just a year later....lol....thinking about mixture of leopard wrasses in the new tank. May have to wait 2 years due to remodeling and everything.....

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first one is out all day now and she eats about anything I feed. It’s the second one that was picky, he’s bigger and older too. The first one was only like almost an inch size. The second one which will most likely be the male cause of the size difference between the two. As he’s about 2” long. He eats real good now too.

I knew I wouldn’t be happy with the tank size like years ago when I was in it and now I want a bigger reef again just a year later....lol....thinking about mixture of leopard wrasses in the new tank. May have to wait 2 years due to remodeling and everything.....
That would be sweet! Oh trust me I get the new tank bug about every 10 months of so lol.

OP
OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a deal with the other half. There’s always gonna be just the 3 tanks in this house, one comes in and one goes out. Had 3 fresh for a long time after getting out of salt. Ridden 2 fresh to have my 2 salt right now with a 150g fresh as the fresh will always be around as I must have it. There’s one fish we've had for over 18 years, a parrot fish. Plus I use the water for my plants as natural fertilizer.

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights on my reef come on around 7:30 pm and go off around 8 am. That lets me enjoy it in the evening and it helps with keeping the heat down during the middle of the day. I currently have two wrasses: a six line and a yellow wrasse. I see them when the lights come on in the evening, but they hit the sandbed before morning. They both do come out before lights on, so maybe they're hunting pods or what now. When I first put the yellow wrasse in the tank, I didn't see it for more than a month. I thought it was dead. VERY skittish at first; now it's adjusted and very active during it's waking hours.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Critters have those often
i had gotten a big one locally, not critter, and it died on me. Only had it a few days, big beautiful fish. Miss it actually. I havent been to critter in ages. Usually only go in for LRS, as they are the most local to me to sell it. Thats when i got my niger.

OP
OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need sandbed, that's a number one thing they must have. Plus a well established tank and the main thing is getting them to eat.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still haven’t seen mine and it’s been almost a month now. Think I’m gonna call it. TOD 2/8/2019 5:58pm reason: buried himself

OP
OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still haven’t seen mine and it’s been almost a month now. Think I’m gonna call it. TOD 2/8/2019 5:58pm reason: buried himself
That suxs....I'm glad I can see both of mine out and about. Just fed them a bit ago.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is out all the time, eating well, even pellets and is fat. I just got a male Black Leopard a few hours ago. Dripped him in. He ate at the store, and swim about a lot. Just dug himself in for the night. Here are pictures of my female in DT and my new male, still in my QT system.
New male
BlackLeopardWrasse201907091908Male.jpg

BlackLeopardWrasse201907091907Male.jpg

Female Black Leopard, smaller but under my care for almost 1 year
NegrosensisLeopard2019060301.jpg

Last edited:

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t know the make blacks colored up like that

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got both the female and the male from Petco in Corpus Christi. The manager ordered them for me.
It is hard to keep these alive so often LFS does not buy them. High risk fish for them.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back