• Black Tang

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters

Tenacious716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saltwater tank are about color to me, if you want a black fish go freshwater? the only reason people like them is becouse they cost a small fortune!
I can tell you that I like my fish for lots of reasons, but the price I paid (less than most would guess) is not one of them. Don't hate! :)

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey on compatibility issues Let me just say I have a 125 with
1 yellow belly hippo tang med.
1 blue hippo tang sm.
1 large sailfin tang
1 large yellow tang
1 small yellow tang
1 med purple tang
1 med Kole tang
Tangs to come are the black tang, jeweled tang, and blonde naso, also the elusive achillies tang
and for the tang police when they need it they willbe moving to a 300g in the next couple of years
so I guess what I'm saying is get them both get them both the more tangs the better they all treat each other

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 blue hippo tang sm.
1 large sailfin tang
1 large yellow tang
1 small yellow tang
1 med purple tang
1 med Kole tang
Tangs to come are the black tang, jeweled tang, and blonde naso, also the elusive achillies tang
and for the tang police when they need it they willbe moving to a 300g in the next couple of years
so I guess what I'm saying is get them both get them both the more tangs the better they all treat each other

I cant believe that you would write this anywhere NEAR the tang police. Ha cant believe no one has said anything. I had a sailfin that outgrew a 125g L in under a year...in Hawaii they get to be the size of briefcases. :D

condor

CORAL DR.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
purple tangs are among the more aggressive of the tangs and the black tend to behave much better

jmaneyapanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 blue hippo tang sm.
1 large sailfin tang
1 large yellow tang
1 small yellow tang
1 med purple tang
1 med Kole tang

That is revolting.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a black tang for 3 years and got rid of my purple, because i didnt want to risk the purple killing him. Was the best move I could make, I love my black tang and he is much less aggressive than the purple ever was. The purple tang would harass and sometimes kill any new fish that I introduced to my tank. Anytime somebody looks at my tank they comment on the black tang the most, even people who dont know its one of the more rare fish. No doubt go for the black tang.

waxy

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black tang, it's less aggressive than the purple.

The smaller the tang the better. Minimal I'd say, 2-3".

Let it grow from there and you're all set!

110reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple is very big (6") and very mellow. It will half-heartedly harass a newcomer, but not for long and not with any real zeal. (My Achilles on the other hand goes ballistic if a newcomer goes in the tank.) So in my experience (1 fish), the purple is not aggressive (for a tang).

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also vote for black tang. I have both black and purple and the black is really gentle and not aggressive at all. I add a Cheveron tang after the black, and no fight at all. In fact, The black and Chevron started schooling as soon as the 3rd day. Both are small size though, around 2.5".

butterfly032176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the purple tang. They are hardy, strong, great colors, I had one that laster 12 years so when I say hardy I mean it :wink:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back