Black Splotches on Clown

chadfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Messages
350
Reaction score
201
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that black splotches can simply be nips or stings from coral or an anemone. Can anyone confirm that this is probably that? Hopefully not something more sinister. I keep adding coral. I dip in Bayer but I'm nervous that I'm putting my fish at risk.
IMG_4201.JPEG IMG_4203.JPG IMG_4207.JPG IMG_4210.JPG
 
I have a couple videos if that would help
 
That does look like a minor reaction to a sting. Do you have any LPS in the tank?
Jay
Just a some candy canes, but also softies: Neon Toadstool Leather, GSP, Kenya Tree, Gorgonian, and then some SPS.
Oh, of course the RBTA and some zoas.

Could she have approached the RBTA incorrectly and paid for it? She sleeps there every night now.

I've also seen her trading jabs with the Blue-Green Chromis. Maybe it's scale loss from nips?
 
Just a some candy canes, but also softies: Neon Toadstool Leather, GSP, Kenya Tree, Gorgonian, and then some SPS.
Oh, of course the RBTA and some zoas.

Could she have approached the RBTA incorrectly and paid for it? She sleeps there every night now.

I've also seen her trading jabs with the Blue-Green Chromis. Maybe it's scale loss from nips?
I don’t think it is from the green chromis, but maybe? Softies don’t cause that I’ve seen. Bubble tip may have caused it when the clown was acclimating to it?
It just isn’t a symptom of the main contagious diseases, so that’s good.
Jay
 
I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new