Black spot on candy cane

  • Thread starter Thread starter nastronaut
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nastronaut

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2020
Messages
125
Reaction score
72
Location
Central
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if I should be concerned. It's had the spot since I got it 1.5 weeks ago. I don't think it's changed size at all (the spot).
The coral itself has been eating, healing (it had some skeleton sticking out when I got it), and overall it's inflating more and more (I finally saw tentacles last night).
Just wanting to check if there's something I need to do to remedy it or if someone has more info as to what it might be. I'd just assumed it was like a scab of sorts, but the the longer it's there I'm getting a little paranoid.

IMG_20200903_183630.jpg IMG_20200903_183648.jpg
 
Last edited:
Just wondering if I should be concerned. It's had the spot since I got it 1.5 weeks ago. I don't think it's changed size at all (the spot).
The coral itself has been eating, healing (it had some skeleton sticking out when I got it), and overall it's inflating more and more (I finally saw tentacles last night).
Just wanting to check if there's something I need to do to remedy it or if someone has more info as to what it might be. I'd just assumed it was like a scab of sorts, but the the longer it's there I'm getting a little paranoid.

IMG_20200903_183630.jpg IMG_20200903_183648.jpg
Mine looks exactly the same! Was the spot nothing to worry about?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new