OP
OP
R

Rmcuddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help please! It has now been 50 days in quarantine, and today there was a noticeable difference in my fish. The Foxface was a real pale yellow, was not swimming good, and would not eat. It looked like the yellow tang was bullying it and whipping it with its tail as well. The wrasse looks like it had a bite taken out of its tail. The valentini has been struggling for a few days now and pretty much just tries to sleep all day. I think that one might be due to no good food for it to eat so its starving. I havent noticed any sign of disease since the initial treatment. Should I call the fallow period good and start putting them back in the DT? I think they are getting fed up with each other in the 20g tank. It looks like the time period would be good enough for all but ich, and I haven't seen any signs of ich since the tang had white spots that went away the next day. 20190705_172757.jpg 20190705_172805.jpg 20190705_173059.jpg

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help please! It has now been 50 days in quarantine, and today there was a noticeable difference in my fish. The Foxface was a real pale yellow, was not swimming good, and would not eat. It looked like the yellow tang was bullying it and whipping it with its tail as well. The wrasse looks like it had a bite taken out of its tail. The valentini has been struggling for a few days now and pretty much just tries to sleep all day. I think that one might be due to no good food for it to eat so its starving. I havent noticed any sign of disease since the initial treatment. Should I call the fallow period good and start putting them back in the DT? I think they are getting fed up with each other in the 20g tank. It looks like the time period would be good enough for all but ich, and I haven't seen any signs of ich since the tang had white spots that went away the next day. 20190705_172757.jpg 20190705_172805.jpg 20190705_173059.jpg
If you saw signs of ich it's likely that it's still in your tank if you haven't been fallow for 76 days. If they were my fish I would probably consider a second qt tank to split them up and help reduce aggression. I would also be concerned about ammonia, have you seen any rapid breathing?

OP
OP
R

Rmcuddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No and I checked the ammonia and it was 0. I ended up transferring the tang and the 2 clowns to the DT.

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No and I checked the ammonia and it was 0. I ended up transferring the tang and the 2 clowns to the DT.
Sorry for the delayed reply. You'll probably be ok for the most part, just keep an eye out for any diseases. If you do end up seeing ich you could do the fallow period again for the full 76 days but there have also been many people successful with managing ich.

Back