Black String and White Dots on Zoa

Consumify

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I went on vacation for a week and somehow our fishsitter unplugged one return pumps and the heater. Temp went from 78 to 70F. When assessing the damage from that I found a black string and white bumps on a small colony. The polyps are still coming out just not in this photo since I was trying to blow a tiny bit on them hoping it was sand.

Thanks for any advice!


1000002213.jpg
 
The black string is probably a small piece of spaghetti algae. Aren't white dots a sand indeed? Maybe simply touch it to check if they are hard..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new