Black & white stomatella caught doing the deed

nycfreshreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2023
Messages
169
Reaction score
109
Location
NJ - NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you guys can see the video , I have one of those all black stomatellas (they look almost jet black but with some minor variations on shells) & I also have the much more common white stomatella with black specks all over it (sort of like cookies & cream)

Today I caught them breeding (puff of smoke & eggs being released side by side into water column) the black is the male. Unfortunately as soon as they saw my phone they slowly started crawling away , they are skittish especially in day time , I was able to catch them close however
 
Here is link to YouTube (very center of video to the right - left of the highest bam ban Zoa)
 
If there are no predators, they will be out all the time and spawn a lot. I have a QT system (40 gal reef) that are full of them. They do keep algae under great control.
 
If anyone has some extra black stomatellas they are willing to ship, please let me know! I got a lonely one with a recent coral purchase and I'm absolutely in love with the little guy and would like to get some buddies for him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new