Black Widow Extremely Stressed??

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
9,699
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black widow split today. The nem was maybe 4-5” before the split and is now barely 1”. It split into 3 but the last one still appears to be splitting, it’s completely folded in half. The nem has been in the tank for at least 3 months now but continues to move around every day, several times a day. Today it moved to glass and ripped itself apart. There is a RBTA in there as well who settled down in 3 days and it’s happy, it’s been there a little more than a month. All the nems have good color but I have yet to see them right themselves in the nem cups I threw together super quick as this split was super unexpected. Was this a stress split?? Like a last attempt to survive so it split into itty bitty pieces? Pics from it splitting and the split pieces. Splitting pic was taken at 7:11 pm and nems in cup was taken at 9:02 pm.
B76E36FD-C0C1-4DE3-8225-383F9AB2824C.jpeg
67A4AA42-BE08-48B6-A4ED-10453C74F095.jpeg
C1646F92-9CCB-4126-A022-64E7A5388545.jpeg
9BBCBC16-C9ED-4655-A151-9BD94B9BB56F.jpeg
B2FB5ABC-C565-40D8-BDF5-D02130D4FF02.jpeg
 
You sure this was a natural split? Or was it caught in the pump above it? Either way, good idea isolating them in the cups and just continue to monitor those pieces, I had a nem walk into my mp10 a few weeks ago ended up in 3 separate pieces and less than 48 hours later 2 pretty much recovered and the other piece just looked very bad and started to turn black so I flushed it.
 
You sure this was a natural split? Or was it caught in the pump above it? Either way, good idea isolating them in the cups and just continue to monitor those pieces, I had a nem walk into my mp10 a few weeks ago ended up in 3 separate pieces and less than 48 hours later 2 pretty much recovered and the other piece just looked very bad and started to turn black so I flushed it.
It was a natural split, began the stretching at around 11:30 this morning but I didn’t check on it again till 7 and by then it was pretty severely splitting. I turned the powerhead off this morning so it’s definitely a natural split.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new