Blackhawk fan's 93g cube

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of these and sold it last year. I thought my 65 was leaking and a LFS had them on sale in feb. with the stand for a price I couldn't pass up. Turns out the leak was a bad bulkhead, but I found that out after I moved the tank lol.

Today is the 5 week mark since everything was moved. Here are some shots of the new tank. A few chalices are new arrivals and have some receeding from rubbing in the shipping bag. :squigglemouth:

catsandtank003.jpg

catsandtank004.jpg

catsandtank005.jpg

catsandtank006.jpg

catsandtank007.jpg

catsandtank009.jpg

Last edited:

HighlandReef

Chalice Monger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good mike!
Hey... What's that yellow/pink acro in the second to last pic? That's wicked!

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin! I hope to be able to spend more time on here. I miss talking with all the great people on here.

Chris, that is tyree pink lemonade. It's not green in person. It's more yellow. :)

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking pictures BlackHawk and nice mix of corals!! You have some really nice looking red coraline algea too. So what's the name of that acan that looks like it is on fire...hot stuff!!

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking pictures BlackHawk and nice mix of corals!! You have some really nice looking red coraline algea too. So what's the name of that acan that looks like it is on fire...hot stuff!!

Thanks! :)
That acan is the Black Hole Sun. It was acquired in a group buy from Fish N Frags.

fenderguy1

Prop/Shipping Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that shrimp really that dark? I know i replied to the other forum but ill say it again everything looks great! I used to have tank envy looking at your old 93. Now i own the old one and i see this one and i get that feeling again:cry: Your killin me Mike..lol

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Mike! You have a lot of sweet looking candy there and nice colonies to boot. Same thing happened to me as far as a leak. I went out and started a new set up, right besides the old system and found out it was from a faulty hob skimmer. Told my wife we had to keep both tanks :wink:. She was not too happy about that. Where are you hiding your BPC FT? What new pieces did you add?

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice looking tank and it looks like you have some good growth on most of your stuff.

CJ

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Mike! You have a lot of sweet looking candy there and nice colonies to boot. Same thing happened to me as far as a leak. I went out and started a new set up, right besides the old system and found out it was from a faulty hob skimmer. Told my wife we had to keep both tanks :wink:. She was not too happy about that. Where are you hiding your BPC FT? What new pieces did you add?

Thanks Frank! The FT is up by the red hornets. I'm trying to find a happy place for it. It lost it's blue stripes it had. I'm not sure what the new chalice pieces are. They were freebies lol.

That's a nice looking tank and it looks like you have some good growth on most of your stuff.

CJ

Thanks CJ!

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow that's a nice tank, and a seriously gorgeous coral collection! I was going to ask about the peppermint shrimp too, I hadn't realized they could get that dark! But now that I am here I've gotta ask... where's the equipment shots for us tech junkies!? :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow that's a nice tank, and a seriously gorgeous coral collection! I was going to ask about the peppermint shrimp too, I hadn't realized they could get that dark! But now that I am here I've gotta ask... where's the equipment shots for us tech junkies!? :bigsmile:

I apprecaite it very much, but nothing special on the equipment end Christian. I'm using a 6 bulb ATI sunpower and a blue Reefbrite LED. A few modded tunze 6045 nanostreams and a 3/4" Sea Swirl with a Water Blaster 3000 return pump. ATO is a Tunze osmolator and the skimmer is a SRO XP-2000. I use RC salt and Brightwells supplements. I just started feeding H2O foods and love them. I had a new Poweder Brown that wasn't eating anything until I started using this stuff. I also use a RK lite to monitor temp and control heaters and the lighting.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very beautiful tank!! but questoin, why is the light on the skimmer like that? or is that just to be able to see it? seems like it would cause a lot of algae growth inside of it, if thats how it faces?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 140 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back