Blackhawk fan's 93g cube

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank is really coming along nice - clean, healthy looking, and great choice in corals. very nice job!

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates!(Thanks for the new ones Otto!)
tankpics5-4-11013.jpg

tankpics5-4-11012.jpg

tankpics5-4-11011.jpg

tankpics5-4-11010.jpg

tankpics5-4-11009.jpg

tankpics5-4-11008.jpg

tankpics5-4-11007.jpg

tankpics5-4-11005.jpg

tankpics5-4-11004.jpg

tankpics5-4-11003.jpg

tankpics5-4-11002.jpg

tankpics5-4-11001.jpg

very nicejob Mike ,all purple rocks.
I really like the acans and the zoa garden at the bottom of the tank.
How many bulbs T5 do you have on this tank?

Last edited:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nicejob Mike ,all purple rocks.
I really like the acans and the zoa garden at the bottom of the tank.
How many bulbs T5 do you have on this tank?
and I thought I was the only 1 who dug up ol threads lol

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's been awhile since I updated my tank thread...
The tank has changed a little, OK maybe a lot. ;)
Tank is lit by a Kessel a360w Tuna with Kessel Spectral controller. I currently have a CoralVue SRO 1000 skimmer which will be replaced by a CoralVue Regal 150 this Friday. For flow I'm using a Maxspect Gyre 150 and two modded Tunze 6025's. Return is a Quiet One 4000, which is dialed way back. I have a RKL controller and a Tunze Osmolator for topoff. My sump is a 20L. Current tank inhabitants are a Melanurus Wrasse that I have had for 5 years and a Diadema Dotty that I have had for 2 years. I'm letting the family decide what other fish we are going to add. We are leaning towards a purple tang, some chromis, and a pair of clowns. As far as coral, I would like to start with zoanthids and palythoas. The wife wants to fill the tank with euphyllia, but I don't share her vision. :cool:
I will get some more pics up after the new skimmer is installed.

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got the new Regal skimmer in, but it was the old version. :(
I emailed Bulk Reef prior to ordering it to be sure they had the new version with the auto shutoff switch in the cup and the new style controller. They said yes, but they had some old versions in stock and sent me one lol. Chatted with Meredith and sent the skimmer back to them. Hopefully I will have the new skimmer by the end of next week or the week after.

I did get 25 Banded Trochus snails in from Liveaquaria this morning. They are my favorite snail for many reasons. They graze on bryopsis, live for many years, and do a great job of flipping themselves back over when they fall. I have been using them exclusively in my barebottom setups and they always do a great job of keeping the tank spotless.

Hope to have more pics up soon. :)

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We decided to get 2 pairs of clowns. We went with a pair of Extreme Snow Onyx and also a pair of Frostbites(at least I think that is what they are). They are all hanging out together for the most part. We also grabbed a male Solon Fairy Wrasse and an Aussie Swirl Hammer. Everything but the Frostbites came from Liveaquaria. The Frostbites came from a LFS. My wife went to grab some mysyis and fell in love with them. Some quick pics with my cell.

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got news from BRS that they didn't have the new version Regal skimmer. I will be keeping the SRO 1000 for now. It's a great skimmer, but I like the auto shutoff option on the regal.

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed an order with Zoanthids.Com today. The wife picked out a polyp of Coronas, Reverse Rastas, Blue Hornets, Fairytales, and Ravennas. I picked out a polyp of Shazams and Coniptions. Been pondering an elegance coral, but they used to come in diseased and die within weeks. How are the aussie elegance fairing?

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short video of the tank. I'm having a hard time finding happy spots for the ravennas, fairytales, and the conniptions. The conniptions were doing great and then closed up on me. Thinking of dipping it in coralrx again, but I see nothing on them.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back