OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very beautiful tank!! but questoin, why is the light on the skimmer like that? or is that just to be able to see it? seems like it would cause a lot of algae growth inside of it, if thats how it faces?

Thanks!
I'm still thinking about how to block the light from the skimmer. I have the chaeto in a place where I have to angle the light like that.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm can you not put the chaeto in another compartment of the sump? and then angel the light away from the skimmer? one thought would be to take the skimmer out and paint that side of it the krylon fusion black. woudlnt get any light then lol

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm can you not put the chaeto in another compartment of the sump? and then angel the light away from the skimmer? one thought would be to take the skimmer out and paint that side of it the krylon fusion black. woudlnt get any light then lol

I'm thinking of siliconing some black glass in front of the skimmer. There's a few glass shops around here that sell it.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you need a bigger tank already! very nice looking tank though man, if you need to upsize, you could always place a sizeable wager on the blackhawks winning the cup again, I mean, safe bet, right? :tongue:

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you need a bigger tank already! very nice looking tank though man, if you need to upsize, you could always place a sizeable wager on the blackhawks winning the cup again, I mean, safe bet, right? :tongue:

A cup win for me is taking the 8th seed and beating Vancouver. :D

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank Mike. Haven't seen you around so it's good to have you back. Love the look of the aquascape and I spotted quite a few NICE gems in that tank! My apologies if this has already been asked but what lighting are you running over the tank. Great colors. A+ for sure!!

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank Mike. Haven't seen you around so it's good to have you back. Love the look of the aquascape and I spotted quite a few NICE gems in that tank! My apologies if this has already been asked but what lighting are you running over the tank. Great colors. A+ for sure!!

Thanks Craig! I'm running a 6 bulb ATI sunpower with three ATI blue+, one KZ fiji purple, one UVL SA, and one ATI aquablue special as well as a Reefbrite blue LED strip.

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some LED pics. Sorry some of them are blurry. It's hard to hold the camera still lol.

LEDpics001.jpg

LEDpics002.jpg

LEDpics003.jpg

LEDpics004.jpg

LEDpics005.jpg

LEDpics006.jpg

LEDpics007.jpg

LEDpics008.jpg

LEDpics010.jpg

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some good pics using only blue LEDs. Mine tend to get blown out. What are those orange zoanthids that are so bright?

CJ

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some good pics using only blue LEDs. Mine tend to get blown out. What are those orange zoanthids that are so bright?

CJ

Thanks CJ. They are bam bam's or at least that's what I was told when I got them.

Looking great Mike! I love, love, love that Black Hole Sun Acan!!!
Thank you Sara. I wish it would grow so I could share it with everyone. It is one of my favorite corals.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back