BLACKWORMS

InvictusReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey all. I just got a little Copperband Butterfly. He doing well and eating frozen mysis and brine shrimp but not very vigorously. I’ve been told that black worms are a very good option to try and feed them but I am having a lot of trouble tracking some down. Can anyone tell me where I can get some black worms for my Copperband?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two places that I know are legitimate sites that offer them:
A place that offers alternatives:
A bunch of other places offer blackworms for sale, I just don't know if they're legitimate or not.

reveriesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I just got a little Copperband Butterfly. He doing well and eating frozen mysis and brine shrimp but not very vigorously. I’ve been told that black worms are a very good option to try and feed them but I am having a lot of trouble tracking some down. Can anyone tell me where I can get some black worms for my Copperband?
I buy mine from Eastern Aquatics online
https://easternaquatics.com They reach my door in like 2 days. They come packed with a cooling pack. I store them in the orange black worm container from Amazon (see link below). This makes it super easy to give them a daily cold rinse and change their water which only takes a couple of minutes each morning but keeps them alive indefinitely. Make sure they are covered in 1/4” of cold water fir storage. I then store them in the fridge (a separate mini fridge so my husband won’t divorce me if he finds worms in our main fridge! Ha)

2022 Live Blackworms Box Keeper Wormbox Stackables Discus Altums Tropical Fish Worm Container Food Supplies Pet, Seafood, 9.59 Ounces https://a.co/d/iQUlYxp

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at there site, the least they had was 2,500. I have a 32g with smaller fish. Approximately how long would that last feeding every other day? I know you can’t give it exactly, just trying to figure out what quantities would be best for my tank. Thanks
https://easternaquatics.com They reach my door in like 2 days. They come packed with a cooling pack. I store them in the orange black worm container from Amazon (see link below). This makes it super easy to give them a daily cold rinse and change their water which only takes a couple of minutes each morning but keeps them alive indefinitely. Make sure they are covered in 1/4” of cold water fir storage. I then store them in the fridge (a separate mini fridge so my husband won’t divorce me if he finds worms in our main fridge! Ha)

2022 Live Blackworms Box Keeper Wormbox Stackables Discus Altums Tropical Fish Worm Container Food Supplies Pet, Seafood, 9.59 Ounces https://a.co/d/iQUlYxp

reveriesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at their site, the least they had was 2,500. I have a 32g with smaller fish. Approximately how long would that last feeding every other day? I know you can’t give it exactly, just trying to figure out what quantities would be best for my tank. Thanks
That’s the quantity I buy (1/8lb or 2,500), it’s really not a lot but I feed 8 adolescent pea puffers daily in my freshwater 32 gallon Fluval Flex and it lasts me a about a month. The worms never die if you just change their water and rinse them daily and keep them in something similar to what I described above. They also end up living and breeding in the freshwater tank at times.

oceanrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I am like you in that I just got a CBB. But unlike you my CBB will not eat frozen. Not eat mussels. Clams my sis. Krill. And not even line black worms. I got mine at local fish store.

Congrats on having one that eats !’

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen blood worms work great too and are much more readily available

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s who I get mines from as well.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the quantity I buy (1/8lb or 2,500), it’s really not a lot but I feed 8 adolescent pea puffers daily in my freshwater 32 gallon Fluval Flex and it lasts me a about a month. The worms never die if you just change their water and rinse them daily and keep them in something similar to what I described above. They also end up living and breeding in the freshwater tank at times.
Thank you exactly the info I was looking for.

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to join this discussion

Does anyone have luck with blackworms in general and reef fish?

Most of my tank doesn't like them. One wrasse and my clowns gobble them up, everyone else doesn't like them.

They're also really gross.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back