Blasto Quickly Declining

Jobu183

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, hoping for some help with my blasto. It had been doing well, but last night showed signs of recession, and over the last couple of hours has progressively gotten worse. I love this coral, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Pics provided.

Parameters-
Salinity- 1.025 (it was 1.026 this morning, and added some RODI to reduce)
PH- 8
Nitrates- 10
Phos- .02
Calcium - 380 / 400
Magnesium- 1300
Alk- 10

Lighting- Biocube 32 stock, with 1 additional Reef21 actinic running at 50%. Guessing Blasto was in ~ 80 PAR at peak. Just moved him to the back corner to maybe 40(ish) PAR.

I have H202 and iodine available for dip if anyone thinks it might be bacteria / algae related?

Thanks in advance

image0 (3).jpeg

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, hoping for some help with my blasto. It had been doing well, but last night showed signs of recession, and over the last couple of hours has progressively gotten worse. I love this coral, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Pics provided.

Parameters-
Salinity- 1.025 (it was 1.026 this morning, and added some RODI to reduce)
PH- 8
Nitrates- 10
Phos- .02
Calcium - 380 / 400
Magnesium- 1300
Alk- 10

Lighting- Biocube 32 stock, with 1 additional Reef21 actinic running at 50%. Guessing Blasto was in ~ 80 PAR at peak. Just moved him to the back corner to maybe 40(ish) PAR.

I have H202 and iodine available for dip if anyone thinks it might be bacteria / algae related?

Thanks in advance

image0 (3).jpeg
What inhabitants are in the tank? Could be getting picked on. Be careful about changing anything too quickly since that usually causes problems. If it was in dimmer light and then moved to more par quickly, it could be receding from that. Nitrates might be a smidge high (some people run higher with no issues, just depends on the system). You might consider a water change to remove any unmeasurable contaminants just in case.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back