***** Dying Corals Please HELP

Did not go thoroughly through all the posts. IMHO it's not the parameters but a bacteria issue, rather a lack of. Do you carbon dose? If not you should.TM Bactobalance is best for you as it has traces of phosphates. Your tank is young, and your bacterial diversity may be insufficient for your corals. Give it a boost with the carbon dosing. Chaeto is great, but it's a trace element sink so you should consider adding trace elements regularly. I would not do water changes as they are bad for stability.
 
Just wanted to update anyone who might be following along. I did lose everything posted about here minus the black torch coral. Who still isnt happy. I havent received the results from my ICP test. But I think the issue was a lack of nitrates present in the aquarium. I have since been ammonia dosing resulting in an increase of nitrates. I have brought the tank up from 1ppm nitrate to 5ppm nitrate and am slowly working up to 10ppm. I have reduced phosphates to .1ppm also. I am hoping everthing that was super unhappy will at least recover slowly or show some signs that the things are improving rather than getting worse.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new