Bleached acros at 200 par?

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a pic? I recently went through high P and lost numerous corals. I would get that & your N down, slowly; 5 & .02, with the level of your ALK. Tips burning are usually ALK burn or Light, but it doesn't sound like you have a problem with either. How high are your lights above the water?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask Adam how high he has them off of the tanks and what corals he keeps under them. A lot of his stuff is not kept under the LEDs, but some does very well. If you cannot offer the same distance that he does, then what he does with them does not matter.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had acros bleach under 250 PAR from Leds. its a bad thing people recommend acros need 300-500 PAR while its very subjective since everyones tank is different and frags don't need as much light as a colony.. I have acros barely growing in 300-350PAR and taking of like weeds in 100-150 PAR. If possible move the coral to a low light area 100-150 PAR. In a week or so it should start coloring up and then you can move it gradually to higher PAR.

If your not sucking out Phosphates, its usually ALK, if its not ALK then its usually light acclimation. Too many of us learn this the hard way but its always mis-guided information on PAR numbers.

Back