Bleaching anemone

aysep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I got question.
I just bought this anemone from local seller. Is my anemone bleached?
If yes how to get the color back again?
What color is my anemone?
Here's the pict under white and blue light
20230316_114828.jpg
20230316_114558.jpg
20230316_114910.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You likely have two Haddoni, but possible Gigantea, anemones although it is hard to tell from the pictures at this level of health of these anemones. Both are red mainly, so it is highly unlikely that they are Gigantea because Red Gigantea is the Holy Grail of all anemones. If you can take clear in focus pictures of the columns, I can ID for certain for you. It looks like the anemone in the container is not bleached while the one on the rock is bleached. Living in the same tank, with good care, the bleached anemone should regain it's zooxanthellae from the non-bleached one after some time.
I wrote an article on how to transplant zooxanthellae linked bellow. Use this method if you don't see bleached improve after a few weeks.
Zooxanthellae Transplant for Bleached Anemones

OP
OP
aysep

aysep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You likely have two Haddoni, but possible Gigantea, anemones although it is hard to tell from the pictures at this level of health of these anemones. Both are red mainly, so it is highly unlikely that they are Gigantea because Red Gigantea is the Holy Grail of all anemones. If you can take clear in focus pictures of the columns, I can ID for certain for you. It looks like the anemone in the container is not bleached while the one on the rock is bleached. Living in the same tank, with good care, the bleached anemone should regain it's zooxanthellae from the non-bleached one after some time.
I wrote an article on how to transplant zooxanthellae linked bellow. Use this method if you don't see bleached improve after a few weeks.
Zooxanthellae Transplant for Bleached Anemones

It is gigantea anemone. They have red dot column in their foot.
The one in container is purple colour with yellow tip.
The bleaching one is pink/orange tip if under blue light. Hoping it is a red/pink one though.

Nice! Great article. Defenitly gonna try it. Thanks for answering
I'll post another detailed picture

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back