OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the tank. Moving the rack down too, before anyone says anything. Just had it there to put them on easier. Looks like some are already opening up. No clue what the free one was... maybe a paly or a zoa of some sort?

image.jpg

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... here we go again!!!

B6AC9283-0DCA-4131-B4C6-D0BF1E80856D.jpeg
2A7C2F3F-A0A1-4BAB-B0C5-54882F3EA164.jpeg
D83E8294-0D05-4FC4-8D72-B83D4ABC9557.jpeg
0B947E59-D7C8-4BCE-B8CE-49D4DC131402.jpeg
In the tank. Moving the rack down too, before anyone says anything. Just had it there to put them on easier. Looks like some are already opening up. No clue what the free one was... maybe a paly or a zoa of some sort?

image.jpg
Woo hoo! They're looking great! Are they all from auctions you won? Frag pack/WYSIWYG purchases as well? Either way looking nice post-shipment. Loving the snails, as well. My personal relationship with emerald crabs remains tumultuous, at best.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woo hoo! They're looking great! Are they all from auctions you won? Frag pack/WYSIWYG purchases as well? Either way looking nice post-shipment. Loving the snails, as well. My personal relationship with emerald crabs remains tumultuous, at best.

I haven’t tried the emerald crabs before. I’ve gone back and forth on having one, but they were on sale, so I figured it wouldn’t be terrible if I did have to toss it due to bad behavior.

They’re a combo of live sale and auctions.

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t tried the emerald crabs before. I’ve gone back and forth on having one, but they were on sale, so I figured it wouldn’t be terrible if I did have to toss it due to bad behavior.

I had a bad emerald that killed the other emerald I'd bought and kept trying to attack my fish, so I had to take it back. A lot of people swear by them, though, so you should be OK.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had an emerald that did great for hair alge and a weird leafy algae I picked up on a frag plug. He started getting bigger and tipping over new frags, and i once observed him picking zoas off to get to the algae between them. I ended up returning him. Now my pistol shrimp is the frag flipping jerk-face. Lol

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bad emerald that killed the other emerald I'd bought and kept trying to attack my fish, so I had to take it back. A lot of people swear by them, though, so you should be OK.
I had an emerald that did great for hair alge and a weird leafy algae I picked up on a frag plug. He started getting bigger and tipping over new frags, and i once observed him picking zoas off to get to the algae between them. I ended up returning him. Now my pistol shrimp is the frag flipping jerk-face. Lol

He’s small so hopefully he won’t be attacking fish anytime soon.

Lol. Jerkface. I may actually name the crab that! ;Happy

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out what in the heck these zoa/palys are. Not sure if the edges just look blue because they haven’t fully opened yet, but they look like they’re going to be cool!!

EBBED39E-4B41-48FE-A0A2-D5A77FB6FDB6.jpeg 1BBCA089-41AB-498F-9D9A-0EC236AC930D.jpeg

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Frag-flipping jerk face" will likely go into my vocabulary as a fun insult now. Thank you.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Frag-flipping jerk face" will likely go into my vocabulary as a fun insult now. Thank you.

It does sound super cursey without being cursey.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out what in the heck these zoa/palys are. Not sure if the edges just look blue because they haven’t fully opened yet, but they look like they’re going to be cool!!

EBBED39E-4B41-48FE-A0A2-D5A77FB6FDB6.jpeg 1BBCA089-41AB-498F-9D9A-0EC236AC930D.jpeg

palys

Brian Coble

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello again
Can I ask what you use for coral dip?

Last question.... what do you use for frag glue and do you use that insta-set stuff?

I should just start my own feed, these questions would be good for beginner reefers

I’m no rook but in the past I’ve never used coral dip or the stuff above I’m asking about lol

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again

Last question.... what do you use for frag glue and do you use that insta-set stuff?

I should just start my own feed, these questions would be good for beginner reefers

I’m no rook but in the past I’ve never used coral dip or the stuff above I’m asking about lol

I have a coral dip. Unfortunately... I’ve never actually used it. I know. I’m breaking the rules. I didn’t know about dipping corals when I first started either. This is what I have.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again

I’ve started using super glue. I use to use the epoxy, but I have a hard time getting things to stay with it. I end up putting so much on that it’s a problem.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back