Bleigh's 60 gallon cube

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That $20 square red one from amazon. Lol I think I have a link in my thread, but I can find another one.

It’s just sitting on the stand next to the fuge.

image.jpg
Fancy.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fuge seems a mess. Chaeto doesn’t really grow much m, tons of other GHA in the fuge. None in that display. Tons of pineapple sponges I’m the sump also. I run a Kessil fuge light down there and can’t get anything any chaeto to grow really.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fuge seems a mess. Chaeto doesn’t really grow much m, tons of other GHA in the fuge. None in that display. Tons of pineapple sponges I’m the sump also. I run a Kessil fuge light down there and can’t get anything any chaeto to grow really.
What spectrum do you have the kessil on? Mine grows amazingly fast with it set between grow and bloom.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What spectrum do you have the kessil on? Mine grows amazingly fast with it set between grow and bloom.
I have it set to the grow part. Maybe I will tweak that. What do you keep the intensity at? and how far above the water?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it set to the grow part. Maybe I will tweak that. What do you keep the intensity at? and how far above the water?
Ah yea I had bad results on just grow, no chaeto growth, but tons of gha and mystery algae in the sump. I have the h80 so it’s not nearly as strong as yours, but I have it 5 inches off the water at 100% between grow&bloom.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yea I had bad results on just grow, no chaeto growth, but tons of gha and mystery algae in the sump. I have the h80 so it’s not nearly as strong as yours, but I have it 5 inches off the water at 100% between grow&bloom.
Dang good info. I was afraid of burning it out...im switching tonight..I have some algae down there that is from mars or some other universe too!

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just harvested my first Chaeto, care of @Silver14SS. Happy to say that it’s growing extremely well. Also, there’s the pretty pink urchin he gave me in the sump!

What I harvested and what I left. What I left is about what I started with a few weeks ago.

6013BA23-6A57-4171-AFD4-2466CD1C9CFF.jpeg
433BECCC-E56C-44A4-AFD7-0F6D870376D2.jpeg
Wow! That's a huge harvest! About how long of growth was it? Or did I just fair at reading and miss it?

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bleigh, @Mastiffsrule, and I met up mid August, so that's about 2 weeks of growth. I got the chaeto from @mitch91175 and this stuff grows fast.
Dang, that's pretty ridiculous! Mine must still be growing a bit too much nuisance algae still, then. It's reduced, and my chaeto is definitely growing, but not nearly THAT fast. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that more dad humor?
Hahha. Nooooo now that was “the office” humor. “That’s what she said” ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the cheap light! It’s amazing. The Chaeto has nearly doubled in size since I took that giant ball out.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As we hijack the discussion on brandi’s Thread ;). Luckily the Lich Queen loves us both or she might banish us from her kingdom!!

Nah. You both belong! Glad someone’s kept it interesting while I’ve been busy at work. Had a conversation with the irb department today, hoping to get approval this week. (Was hoping to get it this afternoon, but alas, no dice.)

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bleigh stay safe down there!!
Let us all know you're ok when the storm is gone.

Just now getting some winds. But I suspect that’s the worst of it. Thanks for asking!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah. You both belong! Glad someone’s kept it interesting while I’ve been busy at work. Had a conversation with the irb department today, hoping to get approval this week. (Was hoping to get it this afternoon, but alas, no dice.)
Been there done that!!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there done that!!
Hahah. One of my colleagues said, welcome to the PhD hazing rituals. ;Hilarious ;Hilarious like... for real though.;Facepalm

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back