OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blasto got a giant piece of food tonight.
C4F30AEC-4239-4AF1-85D3-F41CA8AEDE5D.jpeg

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the old urchin, I thought he would make it. In the other hand your tank is getting some nice colors !
Yeah. Everything seems to be growing slowly but steadily.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank?

Doing pretty well. I had an ich outbreak that killed two fish, but the other 8 or so seem totally recovered. I did get a pentair UV sterilizer that I plan on running on a speed for parasites. I haven't really had much issues with algae, so I'm hoping it stays that way.

I did add on an Apex system with a triton. That has made life a lot more simple. I bought 2 DOS pumps too, but haven't added those on yet. I am thinking about using one to do automatic water changes, but I need a larger water system in my garage set up. That's likely to be the more pressing project current;y on the list.

I had taken out my mechanical filtration, but my nutrients are out the roof. I have some filter socks coming in to try and help that.

I've been watching the wwc/BRS hybrid series on youtube and I am really wanting to take out my sand. Slowly of course. I have a sand sifting goby, so I'm not sure how feasible that will be. I may be able to remove some of it, but I think I'm to have to keep some to keep him happy. He's fat and pretty eager to eat frozen food now. He's not the overactive guy I first got 2 years ago. Far more sedentary and grumpy looking. I'll have to do some more research about how he would be effected before I consider that more.

I am having a terrible time with vermetid snails. One is massive and gross, so I have avoided dealing with it. I need to take the rock out and smash it. I'll take a video or something because it really is gnarly. I also was looking around the tank late last night and noticed I had quite a few asterinas. I think I may need to get a harlequin shrimp. I have quite a few in the biocube, so perhaps I can move him back and forth if he isn't too resistant. Otherwise, I'm not opposed to throwing him some stars. (Sounds much nicer than throwing a bone.) It's annoying how some pests seem nearly impossible to prevent. I had gotten rid of most of my aiptasia with some nudis. But I'm seeing more pop back up. Probably time to order another batch. I think it's totally worth the money to get a batch every 6 months or so.

I do think I am going to change out the 60 gallon cube glass for a 120 tank by the end of the year. I am hoping I can take down the biocube and try a ULM LPS tank using the 60 gallon where the biocube currently resides. One thing about this hobby is that the project list only grows longer when you check things off. ;Happy

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'll really like the Apex/Trident. One of the best improvements to my tank. Ever.

Yes! I am loving it. It's especially useful for someone who is somewhat lackluster about testing, as I am.

P.S. I've been binging the WWC/BRS hybrid Youtube videos and I believe they cite you in every video! :cool:

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I am loving it. It's especially useful for someone who is somewhat lackluster about testing, as I am.

P.S. I've been binging the WWC/BRS hybrid Youtube videos and I believe they cite you in every video! :cool:
Yes, the Apex/Trident is a wonderful time saver. and thank you for the compliment.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got two 35 gallon jugs to start my water station for my garage. Trying to figure out all the other pieces I’m going to need to that as well. I’m thinking that I’ll ultimately will end up adding on a second 35 gallon jug. So that way I can have one connected to an apex dos for AWC’s and a second on available for other water needs in my biocube and or as a refill to the one that will feed the apex dos.

46005A7F-310C-4B71-A2D5-64A24E0278EC.jpeg

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the uv light in. It’s a pentair 25 watt. I have it running to kill Protozoa. We got it Plummed it in last night and I feel like the water is a lot clearer today already. Not sure if it’s my imagination, but I wasn’t expecting it to do anything to the water quality. Ignore the wire mess. I had to move a bunch of stuff that was behind the tank for it to fit. Doing some better cord management will likely be the next project. IKEA, here I come. (Via website because the virus).

5F1D5541-1CD7-44E9-8E5D-485A26AB992F.jpeg

lostinreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta be a master of all trades in this hobby. Marine biology, phycology, chemistry, physics, hydraulics. I can do those. But I suck at cable management. LOL.
I feel like 90% of people in the hobby have ball of cords they hide somewhere

1594487696009605943079318411986.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back