OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if this does anything. Will people in the club let me know if they got a notification that they were mentioned. (Just an experiment.)

@Rasoc

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my sump, but the built in ATO is TOOOO SMALL. I'm about to order a stand alone one. Any reservoirs that anyone LOVES? Or are they all really just plastic boxes? lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job on the reef so far!!! :D

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job on the reef so far!!! :D

Thank you! All my acros are visibly growing. Hopefully it will start looking like a real reef before long.

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my sump, but the built in ATO is TOOOO SMALL. I'm about to order a stand alone one. Any reservoirs that anyone LOVES? Or are they all really just plastic boxes? lol
I like my im 15 gal ato. It is made of glass and has a drawer the pulls out to fill

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you need a custom one to fit in the stand I think these expensive ones are a waste of money. If you are going to hide it a good quality plastic or a Petco $20 20g works fine.
I still prefer gravity fed but the Tunze does appear to be reliable. I would still use a float valve to prevent overfilling.
I use the Xp Aqua on the QT tank. No issues with it but I don't fill the reservoir up enough to flood the floor.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i was looking at that. It seems fancy. I wouldn’t need to pour. Just pop my line into it from my water station, so I’m not sure if the drawer would be just a point that could break or something I’d be thankful to have.

I’d also like to eventually just plumb a lint to the ato with a float valve. Does this have a way that could be installed?

Definitely on the list though. Glad to see it’s got some support.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you need a custom one to fit in the stand I think these expensive ones are a waste of money. If you are going to hide it a good quality plastic or a Petco $20 20g works fine.
I still prefer gravity fed but the Tunze does appear to be reliable. I would still use a float valve to prevent overfilling.
I use the Xp Aqua on the QT tank. No issues with it but I don't fill the reservoir up enough to flood the floor.

I’m thinking that I’ll slide I behind the stand. I’ve probably got 8 inches between the stand and the wall. So it will be somewhat visible, but not in your face....

Do you mean a 20 gallon glass tank? If so, I definitely don’t have a place for that. Unfortunately i don’t have a basement or anything, so everything is in the living room. If they have a different container for an ato, I’d love to put it in the line up as well.

my sump has an ato built in. There’s a tunze in it. I’m thinking about switching over to the apex ATK, cause my sump levels sometimes do weird things.Would be nice to have the extra programming capacity that the ATK has. But at this moment, I’m looking more specifically at a reservoir. There’s sooooo many companies who make them.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bleigh nice build thread! Are you dosing anything at the moment?

yep. Calcium, alk, magnesium, and trace elements. Also ab+. Not sure if that is considered dosing or food. I think that’s all I’m dosing, but I may be forgetting something ....

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found my way from the biocube thread ;)
Excellent job and its coming along really nicely!!

LOL. Yep. Glad you found it!

The biocube is about to be decommissioned forever. I have not been able to find new lightbulbs for it. So instead of modifying the lid, I just bought a new smaller tank to keep my clowns in and to fill with zoas.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was more interested in what brands of dosing

Ahhh. LOL. reef fusion 2 part and Red Sea magnesium. but once those are empty, I’ll likely switch to the trident dosing chems.

edit. Also The Red Sea trace elements in the 4 bottles.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh. LOL. reef fusion 2 part and Red Sea magnesium. but once those are empty, I’ll likely switch to the trident dosing chems.

edit. Also The Red Sea trace elements in the 4 bottles.
Reef fusion 2 part has mag in it, did you feel like you needed more than that? (Just curious, I only dose the 2 part and don’t have issues except too much growth)

I’ve only ever used a 5 gallon bucket with a lid (drilled a hole for the hose). Have never understood why anyone does anything else!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef fusion 2 part has mag in it, did you feel like you needed more than that? (Just curious, I only dose the 2 part and don’t have issues except too much growth)

I’ve only ever used a 5 gallon bucket with a lid (drilled a hole for the hose). Have never understood why anyone does anything else!

Yeah, I like to keep my magnesium closer to 1500. I try to replicate everything at WWC as best as possible since most of my corals have come from them. I don't have to dose much Mg. But I do need to add a little extra to keep it where I want it.

My tank is out in the middle of the living room. I have spent too much time and money on decorating to have a 5 gallon bucket cluttering the room up. lol Basically just being picky.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught my harlequin shrimp out tonight. He was nice enough to go straight to his food and carry it back to his cave so that I could record the entire thing.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back